Evening Breeze

Xavier and I were walking together as he read from my phone ""Only one to walk out of the N109 Zone unscathed," "Wiped out three important factions in the N109 Zone overnight" he looks at me "You believe that?"

I shrugged "I'm just curious. If he can waltz into a dangerous place like the N109 Zone and leave without a scratch, he must know a lot."

"Even if he's in the know, he might not remember much if he has a bad memory. But the more important thing here is, are you interested in him or the N109 Zone?"

"I'm... Did you forget what Captain Jenna said? If we want to investigate the modified Protocore, we need to look into Onychinus and the N109 Zone."

"The mission doesn't require you to go there."

"..... wasn't planning to. I thought I'd take a quick peek."

"Really?"

"I'm well aware.. it's an area you can't just visit because you feel like it"

"It's a dangerous place. One mistake, and you forfeit your life. If you really want to go... Then you either have to have strength, or you have to blend in."

"Care to explain?"

"It's more like a melting pot.
Everyone knows where people's loyalties lie, so they only acknowledge their allies. If you can't use brute force, blending in is the easiest way. But it's also quite the challenge."

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"This stuff isn't top-secret. One just needs to dig a little."

"Yet no one said anything about it to me before..."

Xavier walks in front of me "That's enough gossiping for today.This is my house. You should head home, too. The sooner the better."

I looked at the building and pointed at it "Um... Actually, I live here... In this building.