Moving Out

"Thanks a bunch! The dispatch center was quite crowded. Linkon hunters like yourself have more experience in evacuating people and preparing for battle." An Arctic hunter said.

"Don't mention it. We all learn from one another." I said.

"The magnetic field here is unique.
Wanderers usually hang around the snowfields and mountains. They only started appearing in crowded places recently. It's probably because...eh hehehe" He smiles and trails off. That information is probably classified. "Judging from the scale of the damage at the dispatch center, no trains will be leaving from today onward. You guys are headed for Snowcrest, right?
If you'd like, we can lend you a transport vehicle. It'll be bumpy, but it can traverse the snowy terrain."

"You have my gratitude."

"It's parked right outside the train station. Come with me."starts to snow outside. Zayne and I stand in the freezing wind.A majestic four-dog sleigh is in front of us. The dogs are all handsome and have thick fur. Their height is around half an average person's. "Treat it like a tourist experience."

"Awesome."

"It's up to you now! My team is leaving. See ya."

Another cold gust blows past us. I look at Zayne quietly and smile sheepishly."We won't be able to make it to Snowcrest tonight. Maybe we should just find a hotel nearby..."

Zayne hops onto the sleigh and grabs the reins effortlessly with his gloved hands. "Get on."

"...So you know how to drive. I mean... ride it?"

"Not all of my trips were accompanied by medical staff. I've ridden these sleighs a few times."

"But those are actual dogs..."

"You're on the Deluxe Snow Dog! The auto-driving system has been fully upgraded.Please select one of the following to start your adventure: Sightseeing, Full Speed Ahead, Children Friendly..." the dog said.

"I-it can talk...?" stumble as I board the sleigh and almost fall onto the snow. Zayne grabs my arm just in time.

In the howling wind, Zayne glances at me through his goggles. His voice, muffled by his scarf, carries a hint of mirth. "Shall we get going?"

"...Please drive safely."After passing through the vast snowfields, the terrain becomes ever more mountainous. At theend of the horizon is Snowcrest shrouded in dusk.The sleigh dogs start their journey back immediately. I rub my slightly windburnt face and walk to Zayne. "Judging from how well you steered, you're definitely not someone who "helps out a few times a year." You're like a local. What did Dr. Noah say? Should we go directly to him or...?"

"He said he's busy at the moment and can't pick us up in person. But..." Zayne pauses. Curious, I meet his gaze. "He's arranged our "pick-up ride." A snow-white silhouette suddenly appears between us.

"What is that?!" I asked.

"...l almost forgot how clingy he is." In response, the white creature leaps out from the flower bed and lands on Zayne's luggage. Only now do I see it's a little, white fox. Zayne closes his eyes as if hit by a migraine.When he opens his eyes, his expression returns to normal. "You've gained weight, Pie."

"You two... know each other?" I asked.

"He is Dr. Noah's "pick-up ride."