Unspoken secret

I press my thumb down on the lock, and Grandma's box opens with a light, mechanical clink.The lamp on the desk shines over yellowed papers. The ones at the top of the pile appear to contain experimental data with diagrams. Observation Log: The subject's heart has been stable for the past 72 hours. Preliminary assessments indicate fusion with the Aether Core was successful.AC Fluctuation Test No.1: The energy fluctuation value of the Aether Core has reached Level II. The subject's heart is stable.AC Fluctuation Test No.2: The energy fluctuation value of the Aether Core has reached Level III.The subject's heart is stable.Fusing a Protocore with a human heart?
Why did Grandma have records about an illegal experiment like this.It is also the first time l've heard of a Protocore called an "Aether Core."

Could it be related to the one the Association is looking for?I jot down the name of this special Protocore and continue to read the files.The next few sheets report similar data. The last sheet, however, is handwritten instead of typed.AC Fluctuation Test No.12: The energy fluctuation value of the Aether Core has reached Level VII.
The subject is showing abnormal
signs... Warning!Stop it...!!!
The messy red handwriting ends with three startling exclamation marks.
This looks like Grandma's handwriting.
As I read the documents, a feeling of dread fills the room.

Gender: Female. Age: 7-8. Evol: Anhaunsen Class.

There's no name in the Subject Information category, but there's enough to make an educated guess. Anhaunsen Class Evol... Could this "test subject" be.Questions and answers interlock like chains in my mind.The sweet grandma I knew has revealed a side of her I didn't know she had.Could the test subject in these records be... me?As the initial shock subsides, I hesitate for a moment, then pick up the phone to call the only person who might have an answer.

"Did something happen?" A familiar voice said on the phone.

"Zayne! I... need to ask you a question."

Sensing the urgency in my voice,
Zayne's voice also becomes serious.
"I'm listening."

"It's about my heart.Is the Protocore fragment in it the same as the ones in other Protocore Syndrome patients? I just went through the stuff Grandma left me."

The voice on the other end of the phone is silent.Zayne seems to be thinking about how to respond. "It certainly is a strange Protocore fragment. After reviewing your condition, I've tried to find similar cases. But as far as I'm aware, you're the only one."

"Is that because it's the Aether Core? You're my primary care physician.
Grandma also entrusted you to give me these papers. She must have a good reason."

"It's only been six months since she passed. Regardless, aside from its name, I don't know much about it. The fragment in your heart has been there for a long time. Perhaps there are someone who can provide us with information. You remember Dr. Noah?" The person Zayne is talking about was the previous chief medical officer of Akso Hospital. He's an old acquaintance of Grandma and Zayne's teacher. He is also the first doctor to treat my heart disease.If anyone knows something about the filesGrandma left, it's him. "Dr. Noah is currently doing a personal research project in Snowcrest. If you want to meet him, I can help you get in touch. However, the weather in that area has been quite unpredictable as of late. The train to Snowcrest is often unavailable. I suggest visiting him in two weeks"

I don't have the time "All right, I'll think about it." I try my best to sound nonchalant, but I already made up my mind.