Stellar Guidance

"Here's the stone family crest. Pretty cool, right? Wear it, and anyone who's in the know will see you're important." Jerimiah said.

"It also means whoever approaches you isn't a random person wanting to have a chat. Be careful" Xavier adds.

I study the crest in my hand. While intricately designed, there's an antique charm to it, showing that it's the handiwork of a crime syndicate.The fact Jeremiah could produce this in such a short amount of time... He's more than meets the eye.

"And here's the stuff that can make your fake identity more convincing. I hope you won't need to use" Jeremiah hands me another box.

"Thank you" I said.

"You don't need to be so formal. I just never thought l'd actually be able to help you. It's so..."

The intensity of his sincerity is touching, even though I've only known him for a few hours. My curiosity only grows.

Silently, Xavier positions himself between Jeremiah and me. "As you can see, he's very friendly."

I look at everything in my hands again. "The sun is about to rise. I should get going. Shall we head back home, neighbor?"

"I have plans today"

I nod "I'll be on my way then."

"Wait"I hold my breath and soon feel a faint, prickling sensation from my earlobe, like a gentle jab that's gone in an instant. "It's a secret transmitter. Even if you're somewhere in the N109
Zone with no signal, we can still track your location." I touch my ear but don't find a trace of it. A tiny capsule is placed into my hand. "An inhibitor. Take it before you meet up with anyone. You'll be temporarily immune to 98.7% of neurotoxins. And here."

He slips a very thin, hairpin-like item into my sleeve. I raise my arm and squint before I see a needle with liquid inside it.

"What's this?"

"Self-defense. It's not too strong, just enough to take down an elephant. If you ever run into danger, don't hesitate."

"Do you have a magic pocket or something? Where did all this stuff..."My vision is then overwhelmed by a bluish-purple hue. "Is this also a secret weapon?"

"It's flowers"

"Of course I know it's...! But why are you giving it to me?"

"Do I need a reason?" He lowers his head. He appears to be actually thinking. "They just happened to blossom. So, I sincerely hope you'll accept them."

No ones pov

The girl's figure fades into the dawn. The lights in the greenhouse dim like a fire on the verge of being extinguished.

"It's flawed." Xavier said to Jerimiah.

"So, were you able to stay calm when you saw her for the first time?" Jerimiah asked. Xavier didn't answer "We're just letting her go into the N109
Zone. Are you okay with that?"

"It will be safer compared to Linkon City in a few days."

"...We can use that time to take care of the stuff lurking in the shadows. But I need to ask. Do you really not care about our Nonintervention Principle
anymore?"

"Some already stopped caring about it."

Otherwise, the explosion at her home wouldn't have happened, and the truth that's been hidden for so many years wouldn't have started to emerge.

"Do you know how long we've been here?All those faces in the Backtrackers—I can't remember them. Don't you have the feeling that people's memories of us are also becoming fuzzier?
Especially in recent years? I agree that sticking to the Nonintervention Principle is pointless, especially for us whose presence here was always a mistake. And mistakes are bound to be corrected sooner or later. Maybe we're slowly being erased as we speak."

Just like a planet that strayed away from orbit, only to be ripped apart by gravity.

"How's Traceback II?" Xavier asked.

"It can send out simple signals, but the positioning system still needs some work. Is there really someone on the other side of the Deepspace Tunnel who can respond to us?"

"You will return in one piece. I'll make sure of it."

"Having Evol doesn't make you invincible...And you're... This isn't Philos. And we, you know, aren't truly immortal. Our kind, I mean."

Not every planet in the Deepspace shines. Or rather, they don't shine forever.Piercing through a veil of light, dying celestial bodies are nothing more than skeletal, ashen rock with ring-shaped mountains.Cosmic dust coalesces into asteroids, their surfaces adorned with algae that couldn't be considered a sign of life.A faint glimmer of light gradually emerges in the distance and spreads out from the horizon.The morning light manifests on one side, and on the other is the beginnings of a misty night.