Another Predicament

The green light flickers like a blinking eye.Immediately, people cross the street, filling it like a flowing river. AlexissThe same nightmare...
I snap out of it and quickly fall in line with the rest of the crowd.Speaking of which, I wonder if there are any updates about the "eye" I saw outside the window. I need to ask Nero next time I see him. After leaving No-Hunt Zone No. 7 last night, I sent the Protocore to Data Analysis.I only got a few hours of sleep at home before being woken up by an early morning call from the squad. The Flux Nexus, modified Protocores, and Onychinus... Xavier clearly knows a lot more than he's letting on. I shouldn't have let him slip away last night!Arriving at the lobby of the UNICORNS building, I see a few hunters have been dispatched on some urgent missions. On their motorcycles, they zoom by on the Movere Bridge overhead and vanish. I just saw the 310HM! It's so fast... When will I get to ride one...

"Excuse me, sir, could we have a short interview with you?" I heard the journalist say to someone.

"Sorry, I'm not interested."hear a familiar voice nearby. I look in the direction of where it came from. It's...

"Xavier" I said.

He's wearing his hunter uniform. A journalist, microphone in hand, had stopped him by the road.

"Why did you become a hunter? Is it a dream of yours?" Journalist said.

"No... I don't really have dreams..." Xavier said.

"Are you doing it for your family? It must be tough at your age."

"No. Also, I'm the only person in my family."

"That's... rough... Cut this out. Let's do another take. Recently, there have been complaints of hunters destroying public facilities under the pretense of eliminating Wanderers..."

"I'm sorry, my mission partner is waiting for me. I need to get to work."Even with people around us, Xavier's gaze still finds its way to me.Before I can react, he's already walking toward me. He leans down, his face very close to mine. "Help me."

Coming to my senses, I glance at him, then at the relentless journalists and photographers hot on his heels.

"Beg me."

"Please."
~~~
"It's sunny, the wind's nice, and the streets are busy. Wanderers aren't lurking around the corner. Honestly, it's weird seeing you like this. I almost can't believe it. What's next? A terrorist attack? Is this building gonna blow up? Or is there a new Wanderer getting ready to attack?" I asked.

"...You've already formed quite the impression of me." Xavier said.

"If you join the briefing, I might change my preconceived notions about you."

"Looks like everyone's here. Come on over."Captain Jenna's voice resounds from the command center. I look around...

One, two, three... Is it really just us for the post-mission briefing?