Set Sail

Rafayel and I were on a rowboat trying to get to the island.

"I'd say the wait was worth it. With winds at about 10 miles per hour, and no big waves, it's a good day to set sail." Rafayel said.

"Since heading out to sea is a daunting task, shouldn't we... Use something a little more advanced? Like a speedboat?" I asked.

"We're always cooped up in the house painting stuff. Let's take the chance to exercise.

"We're in the same boat now. It's time to tell me what's next."

"Don't overthink it. You're just gonna do what you normally do-fight. That's Hat Island. It's having unusual energy fluctuations, and a weird
Wanderer appeared."

"You're interested in Wanderers?" I asked.

"Their Protocores contain an extremely rare material. I need to get my hands on it... I'll use it to make paint and create some art. As one does."

"Really? Protocores can be used for painting? I'm not a three-year-old." I crossed my arms.

"Weeeird. The island is literally right there. But we've been rowing for thirty minutes, and still no signs of land. Are you rowing around in circles?"

"I'm definitely trying to move this boat along, but you keep rowing us back. That explains why we've been going in circles."

"This oar is just being mean!" Rafayel holds his arm "I'm getting tired of this. Can we ditch the boat and swim instead?

Then I looked to see big waves "Oh no, Rafayel, the waves! They're heading straight for us!"

Rafayel tried to row faster "Was the weather forecast just slacking off today? Left, left! Hurry!"

"Water is filling the boat. You jinxed us! I guess we really do have to swim to Hat Island."

"S-Steady now. Don't just flail the oar around. I feel like I'm gonna puke." He holds his mouth. Then we got to land as we both got tired. "I think I hired an assassin instead of a bodyguard. The world is spinning like..."

I rolled my eyes "Stop mumbling to yourself. If it weren't for me, we'd still be in the ocean right now."