Exit

"The energy fluctuations aren't intense, but they're unpredictable. No wonder we keep getting lost..." I saidI use my Evol to scan my surroundings while also looking for a way out "Xavier, why are we always trapped together whenever we meet?"

"Curious. Is it not? Why do you always happen to be around when I'm in trouble?" He said

"Answering my question with another?
That's not very nice."I sneak a glance at him just as he turns his head toward me. I act nonchalant and look away.

"Shh"

Sensing something's off, his expression turns serious, and I become quiet.
In the dim light, a few steps away from the slope, are several Wanderers on the move. Their bodies shimmer with an eerie, electrical glow.

"They're around B rank and won't be that strong. They work in groups, manipulating the space around them to trap their prey." I said. "They're like spiders, waiting until their victims tire themselves out. Then they feast."

"Correct"Xavier takes a couple of steps, positioning himself in front of me.

"They're causing the spatial distortions...Explains why we've been walking incircles. Xavier, we should split up. I'll go-"

"We've been spotted."  In the blink of an eye, he vanishes. A few streaks of light slice through the murky night. Before I know it, all that remains at the bottom of the slope is Xavier's shadow holding his sword.The Wanderers dissipate into dust, scattering to the wind.He sheathes his sword, turns around, and raises his head.  "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"...Oh, it's nothing. Just talking to myself." Once I catch up to him, I check the area around us. "The fluctuations have stopped."

"This way"Xavier walks ahead silently. Puzzled, I follow after him until we stand in front of a boulder.Suddenly, a new path emerges behind it.