Into deep

Zayne: Perhaps they don't want anyone else to get their hands on it, as they try to obtain one for themselves. Or there are Aether Cores already in their possession.

Xavier: That's why they're selling a high-gradeProtocore at the auction. It will go to the highest bidder. Laws don't exist in the N109 Zone, but knowing the right people can come in handy. If your reputation is good enough, even the ones who want to mess with you will think twice.

I've confirmed the location of the Aether Core, and I have a fake identity that can keep me alive. Now I need to figure out how to get into the N109 Zone.

Rafayel: Why not come up with the master plan?Become the best bait for Onychinus. Maybe a small opening is all it'll take to get them to expose themselves.

Resolved, I pick up my phone and dial Rafayel's number.

"Hello.." rafayel said on the phone.

"Are you free right now?" I asked him.

"Why?"

"Meet me at The Nest. Show me how to fish."

~~~
I was standing in front of the nest eating for rafayel. Weren't we supposed to meet up at eleven? Where's Rafayel...? I couldn't wait so I walked in. It's Hunting Day... There are more people here than last night.Hopefully, everything will go according to plan.

Then I liked to see a man walking up to me "Ultra-dangerous Protocores!
Nothing illegal, and lots more in stock. Are you interested, Miss? Haven't seen you before. I'll give you a discount. One Narcissus, and you ve got yourself a deal."

"Where did you get them? Why don't we start with—"

I couldn't finish when I saw rafayel"Don'tcha think it's a little weird to do business with newcomers?"

I looked at rafayel "If I'm the newcomer, then you must be the veteran?"

"You're today's shining star. The little secrets I carry aren't worth the trouble." He walks to the bar and I follow "Got your "bait" ready?"

"Yeah. I'll play their game and let myself be taken into the N109 Zone."

"Which means we need to cast the line. Should be easy enough. Here." He hands me a paper and a pen.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Write your bargaining chip on it." Then I did what he said as he calls a waiter as the waiter takes it.

"Who's he going to tell?"

"Doesn't matter. If they're interested, they're in."

"Now we wait for the fish to bite.
How long?"

"Not long. The Nest lives up to its name, you know. It's an underground intelligence network that's known to match supply and demand. Even normal info would've passed through three layers by now."

Then the waiter comes back and brings a shot down "And what's this?" I asked.

"It's part of the process. Drink it, and you officially have a deal."

I looked at the drink "it's black" I went to take it but rafayel snaps his finger at me to stop.

"Think about this, If it doesn't go smoothly, you'll be the payment instead."

I took a deep breath "Being the payment is still better than staying in the same place and doing nothing." Then I picked it up and drank it.

"Since you've made up your mind, I won't stop you." Rafayel gets up "I hope you find the answer you seek."