Snowy Mountain

"I'm going back to sleep... Good night." I said.

"Good night." He said I bid farewell to Zayne once we returned to the living room. The aurora might have actually put me at ease. A wave of tiredness overwhelms me. "Wait" He picks up the documents scattered on the sofa.
Then, he quickly organizes them and hands them to me. "Here These documents contain information about the energy in your heart and its connection to the Aether Core. If they're leaked, you might become Onychinus's next target."

"I know But why would they kill researchers who worked with an Aether Core? They want to keep its existence a secret?"

"Perhaps they don't want anyone else to get their hands on it as they try to obtain one for themselves. Or there are Aether Cores already in their possession, and they're currently trying to keep it secret."I pause for a moment and then grab the documents from Zayne's hand. "What is it?"

"You said there could be Aether Cores in Onychinus's possession, right?" quickly flip through the documents, and an idea forms in my mind.

"I was only speculating."

"No, you might be onto something... Found it... "Energy at rest: 3021.7 eV." This is my heart's minimum energy output value that corresponds to the ground state of the Aether Core..."

It dawns on me. I lift my arm and use the Hunter's Watch to look through the database on that Protocore I found in the no hunt zone.3019.9 eV.The Protocurve of that Protocore and the energy value in its ground state is close to the energy value of the Aether Core in my heart.Meanwhile, the energy value for ordinary Protocores is around 2500 eV. This can't be a coincidence. That Protocore is a result of Onychinus using an Aether Core to modify it. As Dr. Noah said, the Aether Cores... could already be in Onychinus's hands. A cheerful cry snaps me back to reality. Pie circles around me twice and curiously paws at the luggage by my feet.

"It took a lot of effort to get here. Why not stay for a few more days?" Dr noah said.

"Thank you, but I want to go back home and double-check something. When I have time, I'll visit you again. Then I'll stay until you beg me to leave." I said.

"Great. I'll hold you to it I called a friend. He'll take you to the train station in a bit."

"Pie"Zayne walks out of the house, carrying his belongings, and beckons Pie to his side.

"All set?" Dr Noah asked.

"Mm-hmm. It's freezing. Please go back inside. Pie will be my guide." Zayne exchanges a few words in a low voice with Dr. Noah, and then walks over to me. "Stay safe."

"You really aren't coming with me?" I asked.

"What? Did you think I was joking when I said I was here on business?"

"No, not really." I shift my gaze, the distant snowy mountain in a deep slumber.For some reason, hearing that Zayne plans to venture deep into Mt. Eternal reminds me of what he mentioned last night. I still feel uneasy. "You take care of... yourself and Pie."

"I will" Pie barks twice at the entrance, and Zayne nods to Dr. Noah before turning around and leaving.

As daybreak arrives, everything else is still sleeping.His figure disappears, step by step, as he heads to the wintery mountain.In boundless white, he stands out like a lone stroke of black paint on a blank canvas, adding a touch of depth and beauty to pure scenery.
I blink and notice my vision has become slightly blurry. I rub my eyes and see tiny snowflakes. It's snowing again.