Desecrated Soil

No ones pov:

The warm night breeze rises from the sea and carries with it the shining sand of Whitesand Bay.It sweeps past the skyscrapers, eventually disappearing into an alley even moonlight won't touch. At the end of the alley, electronic waste, hidden from Linkon's daylight, is no different from rubble. Erratic currents meander in the air and capture the wisp of a signal.

The fleet will return from the Deepspace Tunnel tonight. A recently discovered planet, a-PO159, is confirmed to be dead by the DAA...

"They say you're connected to Isaiah's death. I never believed them. You would never attack your own comrades" a man said. "As you can see, I'm a monster now... You don't want to end up like me, right? But sooner or later, you'll be walking down this path as well. Only she can save us. You, of all people, should know! That thing is with her! I've seen—"

A gleaming blade rests against the man's throat.He stops talking immediately. He doesn't even dare to swallow.

"Until that day comes, no one should even think about getting close to her." Xavier said "The same goes for me."

"You're still stubborn, huh. What's the point?"

"don't need to explain myself to traitors."

"That's how you're describing us? Have you forgotten about your home? Our home? Xavier, you're the traitor!"

On the edge of darkness, a blinding light culminates into a muffled grunt as flesh is stabbed.The collapsed figure transforms into specks of light soon corroded by black particles. They dissolve into the cracks of the road. Clink.He picks up the item and steps out of the alley, his feet crushing the messy reflections of neon light scattered on the dirty water's surface.
Cleanup isn't necessary. No one would notice there being one less person of their kind.Besides, this city is riddled with filth.

Without a doubt, a-P0159's Sterre
Energy has been depleted.What we're seeing is a faint glimmer emitted from the farthest reaches of the universe, an echo from 300 million years ago.

A young man tosses something over to the bartender behind the counter and plops onto a corner seat. A loose, woolly hat keeps his face covered in the shadows.

"Since when was The Nest interested in astronomy?" Xavier asked.

"How am I supposed to know? Blame the Deepspace Tunnel. We've never been this close to the cosmos before." The bartender looks down and sees a damaged Protocore. He uses a bar towel to wipe off the crimson smear lingering on it. "You always take bounties but never accept the rewards. I wonder if you have a grudge against them."

"Isn't gathering personal information your specialty? Besides, it's possible that I'm on your bounty list too."

"Tomorrow night. It'll be Hunting Day again. Will you join in on the fun?"Someone deliberately stirred up some trouble in The Nest today. But he doesn't have the patience for it.

"Not interested where is it?"

The bartender shrugs. He reaches under the counter and pulls out a dark-colored envelope.Sliding it over, he leans in. "Don't say I didn't warn you. Pay attention to wandering eyes."

He's been doing that since the beginning. There are three pairs.
It's likely his actions in the alley caught their attention. After all, birds of a feather flock together.If he makes his move here, he'll have another bounty on his head. He needs to be more careful in Linkon from now on.
Traces of light begin to coalesce into a long sword in his right hand.

"It's right over there. I wish you the best of luck, Miss." the waiter said to a girl.

"Thanks"

Inside the dimly lit bar, every face is
indistinguishable. They are beasts lurking in the dark. Only an opened door allows bright light to spill in.
From that single beam of light, the silhouette of a girl emerges. It's unexpected, subtle.The animals are growing restless. He pauses for a moment and pulls his hat down. The light sword in his hand quickly dissipates. He stands up, and heads straight for her.As their eyes meet, he sees surprise flicker in her gaze.

"Follow me"