In Hot Pursuit

I look out the train's window. The scenery rapidly fades into the distance.
Above the glass dome of the train, looming, metallic skyscrapers gradually appear.The neon lights flicker in the rain, their kaleidoscopic colors reflected on the windows.

"...The coral stone's Metaflux is faint. It must not be easy to detect, huh?" I asked Tara on the phone.

"Don't worry, I'll let you know the results as soon as we get them. But we did stumble upon something new at the abandoned research base.
Interested?"

"What did they find? A box with illegally sold Protocores?"

"No, no, a stele! It's got all these weird patterns and symbols... They found it in the area we've been keeping an eye on."

"But wasn't the base specialized in researching Protocores? How did this happen?"

"Who knows. Sadly, part of it blown up.Nero mentioned something about it..."

As the train enters the tunnel, a whistle reverberates. Tara's voice becomes muffled.And alongside the sharp noise are ripples in the air. Somethings not right. I look up, the glass dome reflecting weary faces illuminated by the screen's glow. It's evening rush hour, and the train is mostly filled with office workers and students. Amidst the panic, the train exits the tunnel.At that moment, accompanied by an alert from the Hunter's Watch, a shadow passes the dome.

"It sounds pretty loud over there. Is something happening?" Tara asked.

"There's a Wanderer outside the train. Sync up with my position, now!"

"Got it. Switching to the emergency comms channel. Stay on your toes!"

The energy fluctuation monitor inside the station has already sounded the alarm. I quickly leave the train and grab the arm of a staff member who was pushed me by the crowd.

"I'm a hunter from UNICORNS. Evacuate everyone. Until the alarm is lifted, do not let anyone reenter the station."

No ones pov

The young man with grayish-brown hair stands in front of a vending machine. He moves his wrist near the green code scanner. Click. He slowly bends down.He's waiting for the energy drink to roll into the compartment, seemingly oblivious to the chaos around him.

"You got a new mission. Go help out your new teammate." I heard Jenna say When he lifts his head, a figure enters his line of sight. They gracefully walk on the train's dome and leap over the platform, landing several meters away. "We didn't expect things to escalate so quickly. I've sent you the rendezvous coordinates. You'll also receive her personal info."

The hunter fastens the strap to the specialized hunter zip line and gives it a strong pull. Whoosh!He disappears, a dot in the night sky.

"No need to bother. We've met before." He said.

"You know her already? Regardless, her abilities are unique compared to the rest.You need to protect her."

Xavier looks up, staring at the dark clouds in the sky that have encroached over the city.

"She doesn't need my protection"

Lightning illuminates the night. Thunder roars as heavy rain engulfs the neon-lit Linkon.