Highest Level Access

Hearing the words "Aether Core," Xavier's eyes widen, a hint of indiscernible emotion appearing.
Yet he soon returns to being nonchalant."Yes The modified Protocores in the abandoned research base and No-Hunt Zone No. 7 possess energy derived from an Aether Core."

"How can the Hunters Association not be aware of them?" I asked.

He thinks for a moment before shaking his head. "They aren't for now. The Hunters Association only knows it holds powerful energy, but they don't have the means to analyze it. They won't be making any progress on that front for a while."

"Why didn't you tell them?"

"You didn't tell them either, right?" He remains calm as he avoids answering my question. Everyone has secrets and their reasons for doing things. Regardless, I won't be your enemy. And it appears you have more secrets than me."Nervous. I avert mv gaze. "The reason you want to investigate the
N109 Zone is because of your family. Am I wrong?"

"...You also heard about it." I take a deep breath and look into his eyes. "The secrets surrounding the Aether Core can explain what happened to me and them. But since we both want to look into this, even if you aren't my enemy now, you might be later."

Distressed, Xavier furrows his brow. I silently apologize to him in my heart.
Suddenly, he grabs my arm and the user interface for the Hunter's Watch appears.

"Xavier has requested to synchronize access privileges. Accept?"

Before I can react, Xavier accepts the request on my watch.

Synchronizing access privileges... Please wait. Synchronization complete. Your current access privileges are at the highest level.
You can use the best training grounds available, use the S-Rank database, and request weapons from Armory 0001-0005...

I'm stunned. With an air of serenity, Xavier smiles at me.

"Now do you trust me?" He asked.

"You gave me access privileges just like that? You should've thought about it some more." I said.

"They expire in 24 hours. You have 23 hours and 59 minutes remaining."

I quickly stand up and get ready to leave. I take a few steps before turning around. "Thank you"

"You're welcome. Nothing in this world can be fully explained. Still, I hope you find out the truth"Leaning against the bookshelf, he waves.As soon as I reach the door, a strange scent catches my attention. I turn around again. "Did you forget something?"

"Xavier, what's that smell? ..Something is burning. You must have left the oven on."

"Oops"