Weak Fiends

After the fight i watched rafayel holding a stone. "The road ahead will be difficult...Take this. And keep working hard."

He gives it to me "I didn't think resonating with it would attract Wanderers..."

"If we can't find what I'm looking for, just treat it as practice. Anyway, let's set up camp here for tonight."

Then we heard something "they come again"

"Oh no no no no." Rafayel looks scared.

"Is it a wanderer?" I asked.

"Even worse! A monster!"

I looked up to see an orange cat on a tree "Awww, it's a kitten. It's so cute!" The kitten climbed a down and I hold it. "Now you're safe... You're not here for the coral stone, are you?" I looked at rafayel who's keeping his distance "Why are you over there? It won't eat you."

"Stay back! Cats are malicious beasts who deceive everyone with their harmless appearances and play with the prey at their whim... I don't like them."

"Rather than hate, l'd say you're more afraid of them. Is that right, Rafayel?"

"Nope! I just don't care. I don't care about cats. At. All"

I noticed something on the cats paw "It's hurt. Look, something's off about its injury!"

"Stop! You're not allowed to go anywhere near me since you touched it! You have to choose! Me or the cat?" Then the cat runs away. It understood what I said?"

"Its wound doesn't look normal.
Maybe Wanderers are involved... We should check it out." I grabbed his wrist and started walking.

"You know, you don't have to be that observant!"