UNICORNS

The cleanup at the abandoned research base wrapped up nicely. The other hunters, Tara, and I returned to UNICORNS. As expected, no threat levels higher than A rank were detected in the area affected by the Metaflux explosion. When we cleared out the remainingWanderers, we didn't encounter any more danger.

"By the way, did we get anything from the data we sent back to HQ?" Tara asked.

"They said Data Analysis" I answered. "They said Data Analysis would conduct another investigation. We have to wait for the results before assuming anything."

"It was kinda scary now that I'm thinking about it. I'm glad you're okay."

I chuckled "You should do a reading for me. Maybe my luck's also pretty good today!"

"You're still in the mood to crack jokes?" She asked "I have been trying to contact you for a while, and I was just about to try every method possible."

The bright screen on the wall suddenly dims.Captain Jenna emerges from a hidden door.

"Jenna Finally, we meet face-to-face, UNICORNS recruits." Captain said

Everyone falls silent under her commanding gaze.

"I am relieved to see that everyone has returned in one piece. Your performance was recorded and uploaded to our UNICORNS only chooses the best of the best. The squad will take that into consideration. your assignments, nature of your work, and scope of your missions will correspond to your sector's role and responsibilities. The uncertainty and fear we need to be prepared to face is far greater than what we've seen today. This means we will need we've seen today. This means we will need to have an open mind, remain flexible, and have trustworthy allies. As for today's mission... I have to say that it was executed very well. Thank you."

With those words, Jenna smiles briefly, looks around, and then slips behind the hidden door. The room's lights turn on and are followed by beeps from the Hunter's Watches. One after another, everyone erupts into a frenzy.

"Mission data analyzed. Please report to your respective sector at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow."

Tara looks at her watch ""Sector: Data Analysis. Captain: Andrew. Wow, Data Analysis! Yesterday's fortune was right! What does yours say?"

look at my own watch. Under the UNICORNS section, it says—

""Sector: Alpha Team. Captain: Jenna." I read.

Tara looks at me in shock and excitement "You're working directly under Jenna?Wow... Can I visit you in the future whenever I want?"

"Are you sure you're not using that as an excuse to gawk at Captain Jenna?" I teased.

"I have two eyes. I can look at you and her at the same time, right?"

"Oh you"

"Well, that's it for today. Wanna grab a bite to eat?" She asked and I nodded.

We walk out of the Hunters Association. Not too far away, in the heart of Linkon, is Azure Square. Mini drones equipped with 360-degree eyes— infrared sensors designed to monitor
Wanderer activity-patrol the sky. Today's Linkon is nothing like the one that was attacked fourteen years ago.

After Tara and I grab a quick snack, we decide to walk around the square, relaxing our minds after a busy day.

"So you admire Captain Jenna because she saved you? Is that right?" I asked Tara.

We stroll past the trees lining the path before sitting down on a bench near the square's monument. Her eyes light up as she rambled on about what it's like.

"...And just like that, the Wanderer was gone! Poof! Disappeared into thin air! After escorting me to a safe place by the road, she said, "You're safe now. Go home." Aaaah! That's what we call max level of road, she said, "You're safe now. Go home." Aaaah! That's what we call max level of security!"Tara seems completely engrossed in her tale.Then she turns to look at me, suddenly serious. So yes, as you can see, I became a hunter to follow in Captain Jenna's footsteps. I want to be as badass as she is—to be her."

"One day, you'll be able to achieve your dream." I said to encourage her.

"oh, I've just been rambling on. What about you? Why did you become a hunter?"

"Me? Well..." then I go to my thoughts of what happened.

Under the clear sky, Azure Square is lively. I look away, and as far as my eyes can see, the horizon is painted by the gold of the setting. look away, and as far as my eyes can see, the horizon is painted by the gold of the setting sun. I still remember that from fourteen years ago. It was also a lively evening. The roars of Wanderers, like a flood, drowned out the destruction fourteen years ago. It was also a lively evening. The roars of Wanderers, like a flood, drowned out the screams and cries for help. I sprint through the street covered in rubble, not even knowing what monster is chasing me. Until a sharp pain pierces me and not even knowing what monster is chasing me. Until a sharp pain pierces me and burrows itself into my heart. collapsed buildings is within sight.Trembling, I muster all the strength I have and crawl toward it. Amidst the dirt and If I survive this, I don't want to be anyone's prey. I don't want to only run when there's danger...

"Looks like you're reminiscing about something from a looong time ago." Tara said.

"That's amazing. You can tell fortunes and read other people's expressions." I said impressed.

"Yeah, I can see you're anxious but also full of anticipation..." then we hear a drone  with a childish voice announcing things to us Tara looked annoyed"Ahhh...It's sooo noisy, like a kid who's constantly shouting.

"Let's call it here. We have to get up early for work tomorrow. We should go home." I said

"Right. After all, we've experienced a real battle. Getting a good night's sleep is important. I live pretty far from here, so l should be heading home soon."

"See you tomorrow" I waved.

"Hehe, goodbye!"

After Tara leaves, I also get up. I'm ready to head home. Noticing a figure that's been hiding behind the bushes, I can't help but sigh.

"Hey, kid. Can I help you or anything?But I'll just get going if you don't need me."

The bushes rustle slightly, then quickly stop moving. I'm only able to take a few steps before I feel a tug on my coat.

"So Miss, I overheard your conversation... Are you a hunter on a mission?" The boy asked.

"I'm a hunter on standby." I said to him.

"Everyone says hunters are super strong and you can do anything I ask. Right?"Brimming with confidence, he pulls out a stack of shiny, gold cards from his pocket."Here's what I'll give you as a reward! A full set of Super Hunters AR cards! And it has the limited edition Hunter Lux. Follow me!" Then the boy pulls me.

"Hold on, at least tell me what you—"