Legendary Lumiere

On the day after returning to Linkon City, I went through the application process to access all available databases in the Association.
However, the word "Onychinus" was...

Sorry, no relevant data entries can be found. Please use another database and try again.

How? It didn't seem like a secret since Captain Jenna mentioned them before...Are there hidden search results?I try again and type "N109 Zone.

Fifty-one relevant data entries found.

The N109 Zone, once a hub for technological advancement, was destroyed during the disaster 14 years ago. It became a wasteland.
A Protofield has engulfed the no-hunt zone, isolating it from the outside world. Wanderers and fog act as a natural barrier, rendering this area free from the government's and the Association's jurisdiction.
Over time, countless misfits and exiles risked their lives to enter the N109 Zone. Various factions now exist in an area where violence and crime are the norm. The N109 Zone is now a lawless place, where morality is unheard of.
Text continues to appear on the screen. As I quickly skim, my disappointment only grows.

All of this is vague information... I won't find any leads on N109 Zone from the Association.

I sigh and end my search. Suddenly, Tara's face appears in front of me. "Hey! So, how was Snowcrest? Did you have fun?"

"Tara" I grab the souvenir I brought back. "The aurora was amazing, the mountains were beautiful, and there was this—"

"You actually remembered!"She happily accepts the souvenir, and then leans in. "I noticed you were looking into the N109 Zone. Got a new mission already? That's a place even veteran hunters won't touch. Shouldn't Captain Jenna be extra prepared before heading in..."

The fewer people involved with Onychinus and District N109, the better. I hesitate for a moment, then beat around the bush.

"...l was just curious. Even if Captain Jenna gave me the mission in person, I wouldn't accept it. Haha." I laughed.

"I see... But I heard the people in the N109 Zone are too busy cleaning up their own mess. They won't be causing trouble any time soon."

"What do you mean?"

"About a month ago, not long after our last mission ended, there was quite a spectacle at the N109 Zone. Numerous deals were being made in the Black Market. A whole bunch of Protocores were all cleaned out without a trace. And you know how the Black Market runs-weapon augmentations, human experiments, medical research. They rely on Protocores."

"Who did it?"

"No one knows. But according to the rumors—"

"It's Lumiere." A chair slides into the space between Tara and me.

"Nero? When did you get in here?" Tara asked.

"Lumiere?" I asked.

"D-don't you know who he is? He's a mysterious hunter who appeared during the disaster 14 years ago. He was the first person to successfully kill a Wanderer." Nero explained. "The Wanderer was really stunning, I mean, formidable. It's known as—"

I know Lumiere. And it's possible we met before. Although my memory is a bit fuzzy, I still remember that rusty-red rain.I could only see the shadow of a Wanderer, but then a beam of light saved me. Still, I have no idea who protected me.

"But Lumiere hasn't shown up in ages. He's just an urban legend now. To enter the N109 Zone just for Protocores... Are you sure it's him?" I asked.

"99.9% sure. I heard that after he left the Black Market, he was on one of N109Zone's skyscrapers, destroying Protocores like he was setting off fireworks. Only he would be bold enough to provoke everyone in the N109 Zone."

Destroying Protocores? It almost reminds me of...

"It sucks that Lumiere's whereabouts are always shrouded in mystery. If we found him, wouldn't places like the N109 Zone be under our control?" Tara said.

To find Lumiere...Tara's lighthearted joke gives me an idea.