1

Riley's POV

"Riley! Riley! Oh my gosh, just turn your fucking alarm off already!" I heard the voice of my younger sister call. She was violently shaking my shoulder. I sat up out of bed quickly, having been startled by her. Buddy, my service dog, was immediately next to me due to my sudden and unpredicted movement.

"Good boy, Buddy. I'm fine. And stop touching me!" I said turning to my younger sister and swatting her hands off of my shoulder.

"Fine, but please just turn off your fucking alarm!" She sighed out, exasperated. She sat down on the side of my bed and ran her fingers over Buddy's head. He just sat there with a dopey looking smile on his face. I turned my attention to my phone which was emitting a very obnoxious tune. I unlocked my phone and turned the alarm off.

"Watch your language! If Mum or Father hear you talking like that, they are going to be mad at me for rubbing off on you, or from the boys," I said quieter than I had been talking previously. Nikki, my sister, stood up and rolled her eyes as she walked over to her bed and slipped back under her covers.

I decided it was time for me to get up and get ready. I looked over at the clock on the wall, 4:04 am. I went into the small closet and grabbed the outfit I had laid out the night before. Before I left the small room, I glanced at the half empty racks. The rest of my clothes were in my suitcases, already upstairs and waiting by the door. I sighed and left before I got too emotional. I flipped off the lights to mine an- well now just Nikki's room so that she could sleep in peace for a while longer. I made my way into the bathroom next door and waited for Buddy to follow me in before closing the door. I laid out my clothes nicely on the counter before stripping of my sleeping clothes and getting into the shower. I let my mind drift off as I washed my hair.

My name is Riley James. I am 19 and the owner of the YouTube channel RileyDoesEverything. I post videos of me playing nearly every musical instrument there is, vlogs, Q&As, and short films and music videos. I am well known in the YouTube community for my editing and camera "skills". My channel has 3.2 million subscribers.

I am currently getting ready to fly to London to live there and start my new job. I am going to be an editor and somewhat filming assistant for the Sidemen. We have all been friends for about 2 years or so. A month ago, they offered me this opportunity to move into the Sidemen house and away from my parents. My parents are not exactly the most supportive of my career choice. They aren't mean or spiteful to me, they just think that if I want to do stuff with filming and editing, that I should be a director or an editor for "real" movie productions.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of Buddy standing up and shaking. I realized that I had just been standing there smiling. I turned off the water and stepped out and dried myself off. I avoided the mirror so I wouldn't freak out. After I had my clothes on, I stood in front of the mirror and fixed my wavy, dirty blond hair that only goes to just above my shoulders. Once I was satisfied, I walked out with Buddy trailing behind. I walked up the stairs to be met with my Mum and Father.

"Are you about ready to go, then?" Mum asked. She was sitting on the arm of a chair. Her arms were folded across her chest, keeping her robe tightly around her body. Father was stood next to her, his hand on her back.

"Yeah, just about," I replied as I opened the back door for Buddy to go out and do his business. I walked over to my suitcases and grabbed Buddy's vest and leash that was laying on top. I unhooked the leash from the vest.

"You sure that you have everything?" Father asked. Neither one of them were looking at me, both looking at the beige carpet.

"Yes, I'm positive, I double checked last night," I said and walked back to the back door, where Buddy was sitting patiently. I opened the door and let him in.

"Sit," I gave the command and he followed. I slipped his harness on and made sure it was secured. I attached the leash and put it around my waist. This leash is designed to go around my waist so that Buddy stays with me and so that I can use both of my hands and arms.

"Well, you should probably be going now, don't want to be late or miss your flight," Mum said and stood up. She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same to her. "Be safe and either call or text us once you get there and settled."

"Okay Mum, I will, and don't worry about me, please," I said and pulled back to see a tear slipping down her cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb before moving to Father.

"Take care of yourself, don't slip out of your pills or anything, alright?" We exchanged our hug which was shorter than the one between Mum and I.

"Okay, I promise," I said as I pulled away. Someone behind me cleared their throat. I turned to see Nikki and gave her an even bigger hug.

"Promise me you will text me and call me often," she said into my shoulder, as I am quite short at 5'2. I squeezed her shoulders tighter before pulling back to look at her.

"I promise. If I don't get back to you right away, don't worry too much, okay?" I asked and she nodded as a few tears slipped down her cheeks. A car horn from outside sounds, signifying that my Über is here. "I love you guys, I'll text you when I get there."

They all nodded and replied back with 'I love you too's. I grabbed my suitcases and went out of the door before someone breaks down. "Buddy, arbeit," at my words, Buddy got focused. The word arbeit is German for 'work'. When I first got Buddy, I wanted to train him with the work and play words in German. In America, not many people speak German, so there was a hope that he wouldn't get confused with other people saying work and play. When I get home or out of public, I will give him the command freizeit which means leisure or play.

Now that he is working, we make our way to the car parked up next to the curb. When the driver sees me, he exits the car and takes my luggage from me and puts it in the trunk, much to my protests to wanting to help. I reluctantly got into the back of the car with Buddy next to me on the floor. Once the man was back in the car, I told him to take me to the airport.

Goodbye America, hello England.