35

JJ's POV

Everyone decided that it was time to go and get ready for the day. Currently, I am carrying Riley up the stairs and into my room. She is still having trouble walking, so I am going to be helping her get ready. I walked into my bathroom and set her down on her feet by the shower.

"I'm going to go get you some clothes, I'll bring them in once you get in," I said with my hands holding her hips.

"Sounds good," she said and placed her hands on the side of my face, bringing our lips together.

"Call me if you need anything," I said softly as we pulled apart. She nodded and I exited the bathroom, closing the door after me.

I went to my closet and decided to get some of my clothes for her to wear so I didn't have to go out of earshot from her in case she needed me. Plus it would be cute to see her tiny frame in my baggy clothes. I grabbed myself some clothes as well so that when she gets out I can get in after.

I heard the water turn on and made my way to the bathroom and let myself slip in. I placed the clothes on the counter by the sink and laid a towel by the shower. I could see Riley's silhouette through the glass of the shower wall. She was heavily leaning against the wall for support.

"JJ?" I heard her quietly call out, as if she were in pain or embarrassed. She was taking deep breaths that could barely be heard from over the sound of the water.

"Yes?" I said gently.

"I can't do this," she said sounding defeated. Her arms are still holding her up and her head tilted to the side and rested on her arm.

"Let me come help you, then," I said and didn't even wait for a response before taking off my clothes. I let them fall in a pile beside her own discarded clothes.

"Don't look at me though," she said nervously, her voice wavering. I didn't respond as I stepped around the glass barrier. Her back was to me as I lightly placed my hands on her hips. I felt her body tense up.

"Hey, it's okay, just me. I'll support you while you wash up," I said soothingly and placed a kiss to her neck. She nodded and started washing her hair.

As time went on, she started to relax. Once she was done, she turned around in my hold with a bit of difficulty, but did it nonetheless. Her arms wrapped around my neck as her legs wobbled slightly. My grip around her waist tightened.

"Thank you, JJ," she whispered as her eyes roamed up and down my face from my eyes to my lips. Instead of responding, I leant forward and connected our lips, catching her by surprise. She gasped against my lips, allowing my tongue to slip into her mouth. She melted into my touch. I pulled away after a few minutes.

"Can you make it over to the toilet to sit while I wash up?" I asked her. She nodded and I let her lean on my arm for support until she was out of the shower. She immediately wrapped a towel around her body and slowly made her way across the room. I turned my attention back to washing my own body.

Once my body was clean, I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and noticed that Riley had managed to get herself dressed. She is sat on the toilet with her knees tucked up under her chin. I dropped my towel and changed into my clothes.

"You ready to head downstairs?" I asked Riley as I turned to her. She was resting her chin on her knees whilst looking up at me. Her cheeks were flushed a light shade of pink. Her head nodded as her legs fell to the floor and she held her arms up in my direction. I chuckled and made my way over to the girl.

I lifted her to my back. Her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my shoulders. My hands held her legs as I carried her out of the room and down the stairs. The wheelchair was set in the entryway, waiting for Riley with her medical bag and Buddy's harness set next to it.

"Save me, Jiddle!" Elouise squealed as she ran in from the kitchen. She was wearing jeans and a pink shirt with 'princess' written across the chest. I turned to the wheelchair and gently set Riley down before turning on my heal and catching El in my arms and lifting her to my chest.

"Elouise, I need you to put your shoes on," Simon said from the kitchen. He walked into the room holding a pair of small black converse.

"You had better listen to Si, or I'm gonna have to tickle you," I said as she started squirming and laughing in my hold. My hand went up to the small girl's side, my fingers wiggling against her side. Giggles and happy shrieks left her mouth.

"J-Jiddle!" She laughed. I stopped and set her down on the floor. She ran over to Simon and sat down on the floor, waiting for him to help her put her shoes on. Simon sat on the ground in front of her and proceeded to put her shoes on.

Buddy ran into the room from outside. He ran to Riley's side, where she was holding out his harness. The dog walked into the harness and Riley secured it around his chest. Running was heard coming down the stairs and I turned to see Harry and Vikk racing down the stairs. Ethan, Josh, and Tobi came down after.

"We all ready to go?" Josh asked as he got behind the wheelchair to push it out to the cars. We all nodded and headed out the door, all going to different vehicles.

Sorry that this was a really bad filler chapter that was pretty short. I have big plans for this book, but the events happen at least a year later into the story. If you guys have any more ideas for filler chapters, please let me know. Sorry that this is also shit, I just feel really bad that I have been inconsistent and wanted to get something out for you guys. Thanks for putting up with my messed up schedule. On top of that, school has already been kicking my ass and we are only like three weeks into it! Anyways, until next time, Ilya, bye!!!