50

Harry's POV

We sit on the bench in the courtyard and make small talk. Riley is leaning into JJ's side with her head on his shoulder. Her hand is holding onto mine.

Sweet chuckles fall from Riley's lips as she watches the dog roll around in the grass. The sun is starting to set, which causes the courtyard to have a golden hue.

"It's about time for dinner. Should we head back up to eat?" JJ suggests. He looks to me first. I nod knowing that we need to have Riley eat. JJ then looks down to Riley.

"I guess," she sighs. I know that she doesn't like the fact that she is in the hospital. It makes me feel bad for her. I need to keep reminding myself that she is here for a good reason and to get help.

"Come here, Buddy," JJ calls out to the dog. The dog bolts to his feet and trots over to JJ. He puts his front paws into JJ's lap. JJ chuckles as he pets the dog's head.

Riley sits up and snaps her fingers. Buddy plops down from JJ's lap and stands patiently in front of the girl. She holds up his vest and harness and waits for the dog to walk into it. Once he does, she secures it around his body.

On our way up to Riley's hospital room, we pass a nurse carrying a food tray. She looks up at us and smiles.

"I was just heading to your room to give you your dinner. Would you boys like a tray as well?" The kind looking nurse asks.

"Oh we wouldn't want to trouble you-," JJ starts saying before he is cut off.

"We always have extras and I have already done most of my rounds. It is no trouble at all. I'll go grab two more," she says as she hands JJ the tray she was already carrying. She then promptly turns back the way she came from. Her heels are heard clicking down the hallway.

"Well she is nice," I comment as we reach the correct door. I move to hold the door open for the girl and her dog and JJ and the food.

Buddy immediately moves to the bed where'd he jumps up onto it. Riley removes his vest and sets it onto the floor. She gives him his command to run around and be free. She then situates herself in the bed.

JJ sets her tray of food on the table and maneuvers it so that it is in front of her. He then lightly kisses her forehead before sitting in a chair by her side.

"Thank you," Riley says as she removes the covering on the food. It appears to be some kind of stir fried meat and vegetables on a bed of rice. There are multiple other sides and a juice box. Before she begins eating, she reaches down into her bag to retrieve Buddy's food. She doesn't make him do any special trick for his food this time.

A series of light knocks on the door sounds before the nurse opens the door. She is carrying two more trays of food. She hands one to me and one to JJ.

"Thank you so much," I thank her.

"It's no problem. Dr. Elis will be here in about an hour to give you your first feed and walk you through everything," she informs Riley before she leaves the room.

Riley finishes up her food while JJ and I start our meals. We sit in silence and just enjoy each other's company. JJ eventually falls asleep with his head hanging down to his chest.

I move about the room and stack all of our trays so that whoever comes to collect them later will have an easier time carrying them. When I'm finished, I notice that Riley looks rather anxious.

"What's up?" I question her as I sit on the bed beside her. She instantly cuddles into the side of my body.

"Just a bit nervous is all," she quietly explains.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. The hard part was getting the tube in and that's already done," I try to ease her nerves. I lightly place my hand to her chin and make her look at me. I send her a reassuring smile.

She smiles back and I get lost in her eyes. I barely have time to process what's happening before her lips are on mine. Once I'm brought back into reality, I waste no time in kissing her back. It is a very loving and slow kiss. We pull away and just continue to stare into each other's eyes.

We are interrupted by a quick knock at the door and then it opening. Dr. Elis walks in with a bag of formula for Riley's feed. The knocking at the door woke up JJ without too much of a startle.

"Sorry I'm a bit earlier than I expected. The rounds this evening went faster than yesterday. Are we ready to start?" Dr. Elis apologizes before he questions Riley.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she sighs as a small smile takes over her lips.

The doctor moves over to her IV pole and attaches the bag to the pump. He moves to Riley and detaches the long section of the tube so that a much shorter section hangs off of the sticker on her cheek. He attaches the tube to the pump and starts to feed the liquid through. Once it reaches the end of the line, he reconnects it to Riley's tube. The liquid continues to travel through the tube and disappears into her nose.

"Now you will have the sensation of being full for quite a while. If it ever feels like it is getting to be too much or you need a bit of a break, you can push this button to pause it and hit it again to resume it. Once all of the liquid is gone, the pump will start beeping. Hit the end button and then do a flush of the tube with water to clean it out. I assume you already know how to do that?" Dr. Ellis instructs.

"Yup," Riley concludes. She thanks him before he leaves the room.

"That wasn't so bad now was it?" I tease Riley a bit. She chuckles before lightly pushing me.

It's been a hard night and I wanted to write. Give me suggestions of what you want to see in this book as like little fillers for in between the main points of the plot line. If you have any suggestions or prompts for one shots in my one shot book, leave a comment or message me. I'm struggling in the idea Department. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Until next time, Ilya, bye!