51

JJ's POV

After Riley finished her feed no problem, she went into the bathroom to flush the tube and the machine. Harry stayed sitting on the bed where he was sat before Riley got up. It has been ten minutes and she hasn't come out yet.

"It shouldn't have taken her this long surly," Harry comments as he shifts in his place on the bed. Buddy, who is sitting by the closed bathroom door, places his paw onto the door. It's only seconds before I am on my feet and at the door.

"Riley? Babe?" I ask as I lightly knock on the door. I can feel Harry right behind me, just as concerned as I am. A small sniffle is all it takes for Harry to take action.

"I'm going to open the door, Riley," he announces before he turns the handle and pushes open the door.

Riley is stood in front of the mirror. Her hands are in her hair with her elbows out covering her face. Sniffles and soft sobs echo in the small bathroom.

"I-I-I th-ink I t-triggered mys-self," she mutters as she looks into the mirror and at us. Thank god it hadn't manifested into a panic attack yet. She has had enough excitement for one day.

"It's okay, you're okay," I reassure her quietly as I approach her. I gently wipe away some tears on her cheek with one hand as I untangle her hand from her hair with the other, then I switch.

"Do you want to go lay down for a bit?" Harry questions her as he steps forward and wraps his arms around her. She tiredly nods her head as she grips the back of his shirt.

Harry leads her back into the main room and over to her bed, but she doesn't move to get in it. She looks up at Harry and he nods for her to get into the bed. Riley shakes her head and attaches herself to Harry.

"I know you are tired, let's get you into bed so you can sleep," Harry suggests.

"No. Don't leave me," she whimpers.

"We aren't going anywhere, baby," I soothe the poor girl.

"T-the others l-left," she slightly sobs. My heart shatters. Harry and I share a look. She has been through a lot today, she is exhausted.

"Riley, they will be back in the morning," I tell her. She only clutches onto Harry tighter has she sobs.

"You want to sleep on the couch with me and JJ?" Harry mumbles against the side of her head as he comfortingly runs his fingers through her hair. She nods as she is not able to form words.

I move over to the couch and fold it down into a bed. I use the sheets and bedding that the staff left and make the bed. Harry helps Riley over to the couch and lays down with her. Buddy jumps up and cuddles up to Riley's back to try and help calm her down also.

I send a text to Josh in hopes that he has an idea to help her calm down.

To: DaddyZRK

Something triggered Riley and we can't get her to stop crying. She is extremely clingy and very upset that you guys "left her".

Josh texts back almost immediately.

From: DaddyZRK

Poor thing. Call me, Si and I can talk to her. The others are already asleep.

I do as Josh said and FaceTime him. When he answers the call, I can see that Tobi is asleep against Josh's chest. On the other side of Tobi is Simon. Then Ethan is laying down with Vik in his arms, both asleep as well. They are on the floor in the living room on a makeshift bed of pillows and blankets.

"Hey, how is she holding up?" Josh asks in a somewhat hushed tone. He is trying not to disturb the sleeping boys around him. I maneuver the camera so that they can see the three forms huddled together on the expanded couch. Riley is still audibly and visibly crying.