40

Riley's POV

After getting a late night call from my family, I am finally back in bed with Tobi. His arms drape over my body and pull me back to him. I cuddle into his chest as his lips press to my forehead.

"Sorry for waking you," I whisper out to him. I hadn't turn my phone on silent before going to bed. Plus my parents are still getting used to the fact that there is a nine hour time difference between us now.

"It's okay, not your fault," Tobi mumbles. He looks down at me and gives a tired smile. I can't help but smile back as I lean up and press our lips together. Tobi's smile breaks the kiss between us. After settling back down, Tobi quickly falls asleep. I stay awake a while longer and drag my fingers across his chest. I close my eyes to try and fall asleep, but a whimpering cry causes my eyes to open again. The whimpering sounds like Elouise.

I carefully untangle myself from Tobi and head in the direction of the guest room. Before I get to the girl's room, I notice the child sitting outside of JJ's bedroom door. She was sobbing with tears cascading down her rosy cheeks.

"Elouise, are you okay, baby?" I ask cautiously. Her head snaps over to me and raises her arms up at me. I rush to her side and scoop her into my arms.

"I got sick, Tilly. The door is locked," she explains as she points to JJ's door. Simon must be staying with JJ then.

"Where did you get sick?" I ask her as I walk her back into the guest room. I don't want to cause too much commotion and wake up everyone else.

"The bathroom," she says and motions to the room connected to the room we are currently in. Her head rests on my shoulder and I can feel just how warm her forehead is.

"Oh, El, you are burning up. Let's find a thermometer and take your temperature. Then we can get you some medicine and juice and sit together and watch som cartoons," I suggest. The girl nods and stretches her arm out to her bed. I notice the stuffed dog that she got yesterday and pick it up. I pass it to her and she cuddles it close to her chest.

I start out of the room and walk down the stairs. I enter the bathroom and set Elouise down on the counter to search for a thermometer. I search through the cabinets and finally find the instrument I have been looking for. I stand in front of Elouise and pull her shirt to the side so that I can put the thermometer under her arm.

"It might be cold," I say as it makes contact with her skin. She jumps slightly but relaxes as her body heat warms it up. I press the button and wait for it to beep and signal that it is done. When it finally beeps, I pull it back and read the number on the screen, 38.2 degrees Celsius.

"What does it say?" The girl asks curiously. She cranes her neck to try and see.

"It says 38.2, which means you have a mild fever. Let's get you a cool washcloth and some juice," I say and place the thermometer back in its rightful place. I find a washcloth and run it under the tap. I wring it out and place it on her burning head. She then latches back on to me as I carry her into the kitchen. I keep her on my hip as I go about getting her something to drink.

I hand her a child's cup with a princess on the side of it. She takes ahold of the cup and begins drinking. As she drinks, I look through the medicine cabinet to search for some medication to give the sick little girl. As I find the medicine, the cup that I had given Elouise crashed onto the counter that I am leaning over.

I look down to see Elouise slumped against my shoulder. Deep breaths are leaving her slightly parted lips. Her dog is still clutched in her tight grip. I place the cup back upright on the counter and set the medicine bottle next to it. I hear a light padding noise coming from the stairs and watch Buddy as he trots into the room. He comes and sits at my feet as I turn back to the counter and use a paper towel to soak up the small spill that the dropped cup caused.

I jump slightly as hands rest on my hips and another head settles on my other shoulder. A kiss to my cheek calms me. I turn my head to see Josh stood behind me.

"Sorry to startle you. Why are you up so early?" Josh questions as he wraps an arm around my body. His face cuddles into my neck.

"It's fine, and Elouise got sick and has a fever," I explain the situation to him. Josh raises his hand and brushes the blonde curls from the girl's forehead so that he can rest the back of his hand there.

"She is quite warm, has she taken any medicine yet?" He asks as he removes his hand from her face. A light kiss is placed to my neck.

"No, she fell asleep right as I was getting it out for her," I say and kiss the sleeping child's nose.

"I see. Let's go sit on the couch until she wakes up. Then we can get some meds in her. Speaking of meds, have you taken yours yet?" Josh suggests and then asks. His fingers run over my hips.

"No, I haven't taken them yet," I mumble as I lean back into Josh's touch.

"Go put her down on the couch and then come take your meds. I'll let Buddy out," Josh directs. I nod and head out of the room. I enter the lounge and set Elouise down on the couch so that her head is resting on the arm rest as a pillow. Making sure that she is sound and secure on the couch, I return to the kitchen.

Josh is placing my pills out on the counter for me as I assume that Buddy is still outside. I pull myself up onto the counter beside Josh and watch as he finishes up. He hands me a bottle of water and waits patiently as I take them all. Once I finished, Josh stood in front of me on the counter. His hands are on the counter, very close to either of my legs. Josh's eyes stare into mine, causing me to go a bit breathless.

"You don't even know how adorable and attractive you look right now," he mumbles as one of his thumbs lightly brushes against the bare skin of my thigh. I remember that I am wearing just one of Simon's big shirts and feel my face flush at his words.

I hope you guys enjoyed. Until next time, Ilya, bye!!!