2

Riley's POV

I can't believe I slept for the entire plane ride. I was supposed to do some editing whilst on the flight, but oh well. Now I'm just walking around the airport, texting Josh.

From Joshy
Have you landed yet?

To Joshy
Yeah, like ten minutes ago, just waiting for my luggage now.

From Joshy
We're just at the main doors now, you just at the baggage claim?

To Joshy
Yeah, I'm standing by a pillar.

From Joshy
Okay, see you soon 😁

With that, I put my phone into my Sidemen hoodie pocket, reppin' for the boys. Buddy was being the good boy he is, sitting by my side, looking focused.

"Can I pet your dog?" A boy asked that looked to be a few years younger than me. There was a small gathering of boys that appeared to be the same age not far off to the side. They were all smirking and watching the exchange between his friend and I.

"No you can't, he's working right now," I said and looked off to the side, feeling uncomfortable. The boy's smile soon fell as he took a step closer.

"I'll just pet him real quick, come on, don't embarrass me in front of my friends like this," he said in a lower voice. At his sudden movement towards me, Buddy stood up and made a 'body block', which is where he gets between me and another person, mostly strangers. I have extremely bad anxiety and it gets really bad when I am around strangers or in big crowds. Personal space is a crucial thing for me. If someone gets too close, it could lead to me having an anxiety attack, panic attack, or fainting.

"Please...get...back," I said, starting to loose my breath. I'm having trouble breathing, and Buddy can tell. He started nudging my legs, slightly pushing me in the opposite direction. The boy looked confused and continued to follow as we moved away from the situation. I started feeling dizzy. I put my hand on Buddy's back, in between his shoulders. He is strong enough to hold my weight, and I'm weak enough to not do any harm to him.

"Hey, what's your problem?" The boy asked and had a disgusted look on his face. He said that quite loud and that caught the attention of his friends. They all came over and stood behind the boy and all had the same look on their faces.

I blindly felt around on Buddy's vest for the zipper pocket. I need to open up my airways so I don't pass out. I found the zipper and fumbled with it for a minute before I finally got it open. I dug around all of the medical supplies until I found an inhaler. I shook it as best as I could before taking off the lid and putting it to my lips and pushing on the canister. Relief washed over me and I almost fell over from the sudden rush of air to my lungs. Thankfully, someone grabbed hold of my arm and helped me stand.

"You all right?" A familiar voice asked gently. I looked up to see Simon, his hand still on my arm, making sure I was okay. I relaxed a bit now having a familiar person with me.

"Yeah, I'll be okay, just a bit shaken," I said a bit shaky. I looked over to where the group of boys were. They were currently being scolded and confronted by Josh and JJ. The boys looked terrified. JJ said a final sentence to them and they scrambled off. I felt a tug around my waist. Buddy often gets extremely excited when he sees the Sidemen boys, so much so that he forgets that he is supposed to be working.

"Don't worry, we will say hello when we get back to the house, you have work to do at the moment," Josh said and didn't let Buddy get to him.

"Buddy, arbeit," I called. He immediately turned to me and stood by my side. I crouched down and began to praise him for doing what he was supposed to with the rude boy. This, in turn, calmed me down the rest of the way.