45

Simon's POV

Riley has become uninterested in her laptop since the doctor left. That was about an hour ago. Harry has fallen asleep curled into my side. Vikk is asleep on the couch cuddled up to Ethan. Tobi is on the other side of Ethan. Josh is sat in a chair next to mine. JJ is still sat on the opposite ride of Riley's bed. Those of us who are awake are finding it entertaining to watch Riley in this childish state of mind.

Riley has been playing with a pen for the past ten minutes. Her face is extremely expressive. Her eyes squint and widen. Her lips twitch into frowns and smiles. Her eyes dart around as if she is having trouble focusing on things. She says the most random and funny things.

"Dog," she says quietly. Her finger is touching Buddy's head as he lays there. Her eyes widen as she drops and forgets about the pen. It's like she never noticed him before now.

"That's right. He is your dog," Josh replies. You can tell by the smirk on his face that he is trying to get a reaction out of her. Riley's eyes widen as a smile overtakes her face.

"Mine," she states and puts both of her hands on his body. Buddy lifts his head and perks his ears at her. She takes notice in his floppy ears and takes one in each hand. She maneuvers them and flaps them around.

JJ picks the pen up from the bed beside her and moves it over to the table. Riley notices the movement and realizes that he took the pen. She immediately pouts and looks at JJ while still holding the dog's ears.

"Do you want it back?" JJ questions the girl. An amused expression is clear across JJ's face. The girl nods with the pout still on her lips. JJ returns the pen and Riley's hands leave the dog. She takes the pen and starts writing on her hand. She draws little shapes and doodles up her arm until she gets to where the IV is. She scowls at it and starts poking at it.

"Don't be messing with that," I say and it makes her jump slightly and look up at me. Her fingers are still on the small tube. I reach over with the hand that isn't around Harry and pull her hand away from it. She then grabs hold of my hand and starts doodling on it with the pen, and I let her.

"It's almost lunch time, so I'm going to go pick something up for all of us and tell them to cancel her meal because I'll bring something for her too," Josh announces as he stands up from his place beside me.

"I'll go with," Tobi pipes in as he stands as well. The rest of us hum or nod in acknowledgment as the pair exits the room.

"So which weight control option are you backing?" JJ asks as he looks to me and then at Ethan.

"The nasogastric to start with and then maybe move to the other if it becomes too much of a hassle," I state my opinion.

"I agree. Plus she won't need an operation for the nasogastric one," Ethan points out. JJ nods as Ethan and I await his thoughts.

"I just don't know what to think. I mean, I want what's best for her and this is going to be a big change," JJ confesses as he reaches out and takes ahold of one of Riley's hands. Her attention is brought away from my hand and up at JJ.

Riley releases his hand and drops the pen again before making grabby hands at JJ. JJ smiles at her and lifts her out of the bed and into his lap so that her legs are dangling over the arm of the chair. He moves the IV pole closer to the chair. I pull back my hand and look at the doodles that she drew. A large heart covers the back of my hand, and it is filled with swirling designs. A smile stretches across my lips as I think about how adorable our girlfriend is.

Buddy shifts on the now empty bed so that he is more spread out. He lets out a loud sigh as he settles back down. He lays so that he is still watching Riley from where she sits in JJ's lap. JJ is cradling her like a baby. His hand is on the side of her face as she shuffles her face into his neck. He leaves a kiss on her nose and lightly rocks her back and forth. She eventually falls asleep.

After some time of silence, Harry starts shifting against my side. I run my fingers through his hair and kiss his forehead to try and settle him back into sleep. His eyes open anyway. He stands up and moves into my lap with his back to my chest. I wrap my arms around his body and pull him flush up against me. He relaxes in my hold and leans his head back on my shoulder. I lean down and kiss his cheek bone.

"Love you, Boggo," I whisper into his ear as I nuzzle my face into his soft and messy hair.

"Love you, Mama," Harry whispers back. His hands rest on my arms and squeeze lightly in a loving manner. He leaves a kiss on my neck before he stands and makes his way over to the bathroom that is connected to the room.

We've been at the hospital for a few hours now, and Buddy hasn't had anything to drink yet. Since Riley is sleeping and in the care of JJ, I decide to rummage through his bag and find him some water. I find the collapsible bowl and a water bottle and fill it up. By this time, Buddy has sat up at the commotion and notices the water. I put the bowl down on the bed next to him and watch as he laps it up.

Harry walks back out of the bathroom. I expect him to sit on my lap as he was previously, but instead he straddles my lap. His arms wrap around my neck as a wide and innocent smile plays on his lips. I place my hands on his hips and smile back up at him. He leans down and presses his lips to mine. I kiss back even though I'm slightly taken aback by the sudden move. His fingers move to the back of my neck and run up into my hair. He lightly tugs on the strands between his fingers. The kiss deepens as I moan lowly into the kiss.

"Don't get too riled up. Remember that we are in a hospital," Ethan pipes up from the couch across the room. Harry pulls away from me and huffs before he relaxes against my body. His head lays on my shoulder as he shuffles even closer to me.

I graduated today. I don't know how to feel about it. It's exciting, but I'm having to leave so much behind. All of my friends and family will be three hours away from me next year. At the same time, it will be a fresh start where I will be able to meet more people who accept me for who I am because that is all they know me by.

I will continue to write as an escape from reality, don't worry. I am actually in the process of writing two more stories that I haven't posted anything about yet. I don't know if I should post what I have and update them as I go, or wait until they are finished, if they ever get finished, and go on a scheduled update pattern until they are all uploaded. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm still working on this book, my one shot book, and 'They Call Us The Sidemen' whenever I feel inspired. Every now and then 'Benethe the Masks' gets a bit added to it, but it is my least motivated book.

Until next time, Ilya, bye!!