46

Josh's POV

I decided that sandwiches would be a safe and mess free meal for us today. They wouldn't let me cancel Riley's lunch, so she has to eat whatever the hospital provides for her. Tobi and I are trying to juggle all of the food while operating the lift. Tobi uses his foot and hits the floor button and the doors finally close.

"Success," he cheers with a chuckle. I chuckle as well. He is so adorable. Tobi nudges my foot with his as he notices me starring at him.

"You're adorable," I state and watch as he blushes. While he is on his bashful state, I lean over and place a kiss to his temple.

"Love you, Josh," he pipes up as the lift dings, signaling that we had arrived at the correct floor.

"Love you, Tobs," I reply as the lift doors slide open. I follow him out and down the hall to Riley's room. Tobi uses his elbow to press down on the handle while he pushes his hip into the door to open it.

We enter the room and try to be as quiet as possible. JJ is sat with Riley cradled in his lap and arms. She is sound asleep. Vikk is cuddled into Ethan's side as he sleeps. Harry is straddling Simon's lap. The older of the two has fallen asleep with his arms lightly wrapped around the younger. His head is tipped back against the wall. A tray of food is sat on Riley's little bed table.

I move to the other larger table in the room and set down all of the food. Tobi follows my lead and does the same.

"How long have they all been sleeping?" I ask as I refer to the three sleeping. If they haven't been sleeping long, it might be a good idea to let them sleep a bit longer. Especially since we were up early this morning and the stress of everything that has happened today has probably taken its toll.

"Vikk has been out for a long while now, Simon fell asleep about ten minutes ago, and Riley has been asleep for about half an hour," JJ explains as he runs his hand gently through Riley's hair.

"Let's go ahead and wake up Vikk and Riley. I really want to encourage her to eat. Simon could use some more sleep," I suggest. Ethan gently places his hand to Vikk's cheek and rubs his thumb over his skin. He slowly starts waking up. JJ presses a kiss to Riley's forehead and whispers something into her ear to wake her. She opens her eyes and just cuddles back up to JJ. I reach into the bags of food and start distributing them.

"Are you hungry?" JJ asks Riley. I sit next to Simon where I had been before we left to get food. I start eating my food. Riley shakes her head no as she watches JJ take a bite of his sandwich. She is still in his lap. He pulls of a chunk of the bread of his sandwich and holds it out to her. She accepts it and nibbles on the small portion with her head on his shoulder.

Harry has moved from Simon's lap. He is sat in the chair next to Simon. He is happily munching on his food with Simon's sat in his lap for when he finally wakes up. I finish my food rather quickly so that I can offer to take Riley from JJ while he continues to eat.

"Want me to take her for a bit?" I ask JJ as I stand and throw my rubbish in the bin.

"Yeah, if you don't mind. You're going to go sit with Josh for a bit, okay?" JJ says to me and then turns to Riley. She nods and holds her arms out to me. She had finished the bread JJ gave her. I still want to try to get her to eat some more. I take her into my arms and carry her bridal style over to my chair. JJ follows us over while pushing the IV pole. I also wheel over the bed table with her food on it.

"How are you feeling, darling?" I ask the still slightly sleepy girl sat in my lap.

"I'm tired. Where are we?" She asks as she looks around the room as if she has never been here before.

"We are in the hospital," I explain to her. I wonder if her medication wearing off is affecting her memory. I take the lid off of the food that is on the bed tray. A plate of chicken with a side of broccoli and a roll is what they brought for her. A juice box accompanies the meal. For dessert is a pudding cup.

"Do you want to eat some of the chicken and broccoli?" I push Riley slightly. She perks up slightly at the mention of the broccoli. She nods as she reaches forward and grabs a stalk of broccoli. She starts gnawing on it and eventually finishes it. To my surprise, she continues on until they are all gone.

"Lets try some chicken," I suggest as I use a fork to cut some pieces off of the main piece. I stab one of them onto the fork and offer her the fork. I'm not sure if she is in the childish state still or not. She takes the fork into her hand. She proceeds to take small bites off of the chunk of chicken.

Simon startles forward as he jolts awake. He leans back and relaxes once he realizes he had a dream and just woke up. His hand rubs over his face as he continues to wake up. I notice the doodles on the back of his hand as it is up at his face. I reach out and take his hand into mine so that I can inspect the drawing better.

"Cute isn't it?" Simon says as he smiles at me and then at Riley.

"Very," I state. Harry hands Simon his lunch, and he pulls his hand from mine so that he can eat. My attention is brought back to Riley. She is just staring at her empty fork. I take the fork back in my hand and stab another piece of chicken and hand it back to her. She munches on it. Her back is pressed to my chest as I rest my head on her shoulder. I take her juice box and puncture the straw through the box. She made grabby hands with towards the box and I trade her for the fork.

When she has finished the juice, Riley leans forward and places the empty box on the table. She cuddles back into me and closes her eyes.

"Are you done eating?" I ask her. She nods. She tries to cuddle up to me more, but that is pretty much impossible.

Nothing much happened in this one, it's a filler, sorry. I am just trying to motivate myself and get stuff out for y'all. Until next time, Ilya, bye!!!