9

Riley's POV

After all of the boys had finished their breakfast, the ones that hadn't yet showered took turns showering and getting ready. I took the spare time I had to scroll through my Twitter, liking, retweeting, and occasionally commenting on other people's tweets. One tweet caught my eye in particular.

I bet Riley is fucking one of the Sidemen boys. Why else would she be in London?

I decided to comment on this one.

Naw, I'm not that lucky.

I smiled at myself, obviously joking and secretly hoping it would get everyone all worked up, especially the fan girls out there. I could hear one of the boys vlogging. I was currently sat in the kitchen at the counter. A bottle of Coke Zero next to me. Buddy was sat on a stool next to me, how he managed to get up there, I still don't know.

"You guys all probably know who it is but here she is, in her natural habitat," Simon said from the doorway of the kitchen, camera in hand. I looked over to the camera and froze, picking up my drink and taking a sip without my gaze leaving the lens. Simon cracked up laughing and I joined him, almost choking on my precious drink.

"So, Riley, where are we going today?" Simon asked, still recording.

"I'm not 100% sure where all we are going, but for sure the London Eye and just shopping I think," I replied as I set my phone on the counter. Simon turned his camera's focus to Buddy.

"What do you think about all of this? And how did you get up there?" Simon asked somewhat genuinely the last bit. Buddy groaned a little as he yawned, as if he were actually answering Simon's first question.

"I don't even know how he got up there," I said and chuckled as I ran my fingers over his smooth fur. Simon chuckled along with me and set his camera down.

"How long does it take you guys to get ready? You take longer than I do!" I said as I let my head rest on my hand. My elbow propped up on the counter was supporting my head.

"Hey, don't look at me, I'm ready. The others just get... a bit distracted by each other, if you know what I mean," Simon concluded as he raised his eyebrow suggestively. I scrunched up my face.

"TMI," I said and face palmed. Simon chuckled to himself.

"Well it doesn't go that far, it really is just small distractions," a new voice said. I looked up to see JJ standing behind Simon. JJ's hands were resting comfortably on Simon's shoulders. "Plus, right now Vikk is really shaky and needs help getting ready," JJ added as he started rubbing Simon's shoulders.

"What's wrong? Is he okay?" I asked concerned. I hope that nothing too serious is going on.

"He's fine. He's just a bit nervous and stressed about everything right now. Once we get out today and he starts having fun he should be back to normal," JJ reassured. Simon's eyes closed in bliss out of the feeling of his muscles being loosened. Harry's head popped into the doorway of the kitchen.

"Josh is helping Vikk down the stairs and then we will all be ready to go," he said and as fast as he appeared, he disappeared. I stood from my place and watched as Buddy jumped down from the stool beside me. The other two boys continued to sit in the kitchen a bit longer and I left with my shadow. I walked into the entry way and over to the stack of all of my equipment.

Ethan was stood at the bottom of the steps, looking at his phone. Harry was leaning against the door with Tobi in front of him. The blonde boy's arms were around the other's shoulders. Josh was about three fourths of the way up the staircase holding his arm around a very shaky Vikk. Vikk was holding onto the railing while looking down at the steps, making sure to take his time as not to fall. I picked up Buddy's vest and he sat down in front of me, already knowing what to to. I slipped the fabric over his head and secured it around his body. I then fastened the small backpack with some other medical equipment in it onto his vest. It was small and lightweight so it wasn't a big inconvenience or burden for him.

"Don't rush yourself, Vikky, take your time," Josh said gently. It's so sweet to see the boys taking time and making sure that each other are okay and well care for. It makes my heart hurt a little at how cute it is.

"O-Okay," Vikk manages to stutter out. He takes a deep, shaky breath, and then continued his task of going down the stairs, but slower this time.

"Buddy, arbeit," I said somewhat quieter than I normally would. I then attached the leash to his vest and then slipped it around my waist. I picked up my camera bag and slung it over my shoulder and picked up my tripod.

"Out to the cars, then," Josh said as him and Vikk reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Simon, Ethan, and Harry are with me in Simon's car," JJ said as he ran through the room from the kitchen and out of the front door, with Simon slung over his shoulder. Simon was shouting at JJ to put him down, but JJ persisted onwards to the blonde's vehicle.

"I guess that leaves Vikk, Tobi, and Riley with me in my car," Josh concluded and continued to assist Vikk out of the door.  I followed the two out with the rest of the boys following.

Josh helped Vikk get into the back of his car and I walked around to the other side and opened the back door. I unclipped the leash from Buddy's vest and let him clamber inside before I climbed in behind him. I closed the door and situated my camera bag onto the floor by my feet. I heard the door close opposite to me and looked over to see Vikk, still a shaking mess, leaning his head against the window. Tobi climbed into the passengers seat while Josh got behind the wheel. Josh started the car and we were on our way. After about five minutes, I noticed that Vikk hadn't calmed down yet, if anything, he had gotten worse.

"Hey, Vikk, can I try something?" I asked as I looked at him, hopeful that he would let me try to help him.

"S-sure," he said lifting his head from the window and opening his eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I asked again.

"Y-yes," he replied looking slightly skeptical. I reached over and grabbed his hand and laced his fingers with mine. A look of shock came across his face and his hand tensed up. His mouth opened to say something but I cut him off.

"Take a deep breath and try to completely relax your body," I instructed. Vikk nodded and inhaled deeply. As he exhaled his whole body visibly relaxed, not completely, but mostly.

"Now, name five things that you can see," I led. I can only hope that this helps him.

"R-Riley, B-B-Buddy, J-Josh, T-Tobi, car," Vikk said slowly and hesitated between each answer.

"Four things you can hear," I said.

"C-car, radio, R-Riley, and breathing," Vikk said, slightly faster than the last round.

"Three things you can touch," I requested.

"Riley, clothes, and w-window," Vikk said with less of a stutter. Maybe this is working for him.

"Two things you can smell," I said encouragingly, knowing that he was getting better and that we were getting towards the end.

"Car freshener and Buddy," Vikk said while chuckling.

"And finally, one thing you can taste," I said with a smirk. This is the hardest one.

"I don't know, my saliva?" Vikk said with a very confused face. Vikk was himself again, it had worked.

"Congratulations, Vikk! It worked!" I said as I squeezed his hand. He looked confused for a second before the realization hit him and he smiled.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much, Riley," Vikk thanked as he leant over and hugged me. I hugged him back the best I could considering we are in a car.

"What was that, Riley?" Tobi asked, turning to look at us.

"It's called grounding. By making your senses work and giving yourself the realization that you are safe distracts your mind and allows you to calm down. Most people use it when they feel a panic or an anxiety attack coming on, but it can work in other situations as well," I said with a slight smirk on my face as I pulled away from the hug with Vikk.

"We're here!" Josh shouted as the car stopped moving. Perfect timing.

I am feeling generous today, so double update! Thank you all for the support that you have shown me, it really means a lot! Until next time, Ilya, bye!!!