42

JJ's POV

Riley's naked body cuddles into my own. Let's just say we helped each other out with some of our problems. She is laying on her side with her back to the back of the couch. Her head rests on my chest. Her legs are intertwined with mine. Her eyes are closed as her breathing evens out and she slips back into sleep.

I watch her as she sleeps peacefully and replay the events that just happened. I can't believe that she trusts me enough to let me take care of her like that. I thought that Josh would have been the first one she opened up to.

I pull the blanket up off the floor and place it over us. Riley is comfortable with me, but that doesn't mean she is that comfortable with everyone else. Also, Elouise is in the house. I lightly kiss her forehead and just lay in the silence. My hands lightly roam her body. I know my limits.

Footsteps and hushed talking start coming from the entryway. They come through and into the lounge. All six boy walk in and stop when they see us. Josh looks between the clothes scattered on the floor to myself and Riley. He opens his mouth to say something before I start.

"No, we didn't have sex, but we did help each other out," I confirm before Josh can say anything.

"Fuck, JJ. You got her good," Vikk remarks as he steps forward and moves some hair from covering her neck. Simon's marks still litter her skin, but you can easily pick out the one that I made. It is so much darker compared to his. The boys all sat around on the floor and the empty spaces on the couch. We all made small take and relished in some comfortable silence for a while.

Out of no where, Riley starts coughing uncontrollably in her sleep. It's enough to wake her up and bring tears to her eyes. I move up onto my elbow and help her sit up more while still trying to keep her covered by the blanket. Buddy is heard running into the room and he stops in front of us on the couch. Riley reaches out to him and takes something from his mouth. She tries to shake it, but struggles while having this coughing fit. I take it from her and realize that it is an inhaler before shaking it and removing the cap for her. I hand it back to her and she places it to her lips and uses it.

The fit comes to an end as she rests her elbows on my chest and hangs her head. Her breathing is staggering and shaky as she regains her breath. I run my hand up and down her back in a comforting manner.

"Are you okay, love?" Josh asks as he is crouched downstairs beside the couch. His hand is resting on her back between her shoulder blades.

"M-my chest h-hurts," she mumbles out with a rough voice. Buddy whimpers before he barks once. "I n-need to see someone," Riley translates. I guess that was some kind of alert.

"Doctor or hospital?" Tobi asks. Everyone holds a worried expression.

"The hospital is where I'm supposed to go for everything, so hospital. Can someone get my phone?" She asks as she starts coughing again, but not as severe or as long as before. Harry stands up and power walks out of the room.

"Should I go get you some clothes?" Simon offers as he stands up from the floor. Riley nods as she lays back down on me to regain some energy. She looks pretty drained. Simon leaves the room walking in a similar fashion to Harry.

"Did you take your meds this morning?" I ask and she nods once again. Harry enters the room and hands Riley her phone. She goes into her contacts and calls someone.

The conversation was about how she was feeling, so I assumed that she was talking to her specialized doctor at the hospital. Simon has walked back in by now and laid out her clothes for her. Riley ends her phone call and sighs heavily.

"What did he say?" Josh asks. Everyone has stood up so that they could go and get dressed and ready themselves, but stop to listen to what Riley has to say.

"He wants to see me as soon as possible. He wants me to bring in all of my medication and medical paperwork that I have. I'm also not supposed to be walking until he figures out what's going on," Riley explains. Her whole demeanor has changed from just a few hours ago. She even looks weak.

"Okay. Well, we will go and get ready and then we can head out," Josh announces and everyone besides Riley and I leave. Riley slowly sits up and pain takes over her features. I sit up next to her and offer her support.

"Fuck, it hurts s-so bad," Riley complains. Her hand goes to her chest as an involuntary reaction to the pain.

"Let's hurry up and get you dressed so that we can get you there faster," I suggest and stand up from the couch. I quickly pull on a pair of shorts from the floor and then turn to help Riley with her clothes.

Once she is dressed, I carry her out and to the entry way and over to where the wheelchair is sat from the previous day. Josh, Tobi, and Harry all come down the stairs together.

"You guys go and take her now. The rest of us will be there shortly," I say and Josh nods. Riley situates Buddy in his vest as she instructs Harry and Tobi to grab her medication and medical forms. They rush to do as she requested, and Josh starts getting her out the door and to the vehicles.

I head upstairs and get myself ready before meeting the others back downstairs. Simon is holding Elouise who is holding a bag.

"My parents are going to come pick her up from the hospital so that we can spend the day solely with Riley, especially since El is sick," Simon explains as he sees my eyes on the bag.

"Sounds good. We ready to go?" I ask Vikk, Ethan, and Simon. They gave reply's of 'yes' and we headed out to meet the others and figure out what was going on with our girlfriend.

A bit short, but a quick turnaround. Until next time, Ilya, bye!