4

Riley's POV

I looked up to the doorway to see all of the boys plus Kon hiding back into the hallway. I felt my face flush a dark color as I looked down at my lap.

"H-how long have you been there?" I asked quietly and quite embarrassed. I did my nervous habit of pulling the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands and rubbing my hands over my forearms. Buddy notices my nervous tick and sits up in front of me and lays his head in my lap. He nudges my arms with his nose until I put hands on his head and played with his ears.

"A while. We didn't know you could sing," Harry said as they all filed in the room.

"I'm not that good, otherwise people would comment on my videos about my singing all the time," I whispered our as I framed Buddy's head with my hands.

"When have you ever sang on your channel?" Kon asked as he pulled up a stool next to me, holding all of the cardboard signs for the video.

"All the time, all of the songs in my videos are of me singing. I do that so I don't get copyrighted. On my ending slide, in the bottom corner it says that I'm the one covering the song, but I put the title and artist at the top in a bigger print to distract from the smaller print," I said nonchalantly. The room was quiet for a while, so I looked up from Buddy at the rest of the boys. They all just stared in shock.

"Wait, so of the songs in your videos were you? Even the music videos?" Vik asked.

"Yeah, I also recorded the music in the songs as well, I just thought that everyone knew that and weren't saying anything because I wasn't very good," I spoke with a slight smirk.

"You need to start being more confident in yourself, young lady," Josh said in a somewhat serious, somewhat joking tone, which made him sound like a dad.

"Okay, dad," I said back jokingly, along with an eye roll. Everyone laughed at the 'daddy Josh' joke reference. With that, Kon  hands the boys the signs and we start filming the video.

Once the video is over, I end the recording and immediately took out the memory card to transfer the file to my laptop. I reached down to my side and into my backpack and brought my laptop to my lap. Then I grabbed my reading glasses and put them on. I saved the file before taking it out and putting it back into the camera, as not to loose it.

"Well, I should probably head home, the girlfriend's cooking dinner," Kon said as he locked his phone and slipped it into his pocket.

"I'll walk you out," Josh said as he stood from his place. Him and Kon both walked out of the room as the rest of us said our fare wells.

"After Josh is done, we are going to record a video with Ethan in my room," Simon said. The other boys all nodded and I started pulling up all of the software I would need to edit the video we just recorded.

I glanced over the top of my laptop to see Simon standing in front of Ethan. He offered his hand to help him up, which Ethan accepted. When the shorter of the two was soundly on his feet, the taller leaned down slightly and pecked his lips. A smile crept onto my face at their cuteness. I looked down at my lap when I felt Buddy's nose on my ankle. It is one of his signs saying that he wants or needs to go outside. I slid my glasses up to the top of my head and stood up with my laptop resting on my arm. I lifted my backpack onto my shoulder and made my way to the door. When I realized my shadow wasn't behind me I stopped and looked back at him. He was just lying on the floor with his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth. His tail was thumping against the floor.

"What are you waiting for? Come on," I asked and the room went quiet. Buddy just continues to lay there.

"Do you want to... play fetch?" I questioned, waiting for a dramatic pause. Buddy's head tilted to the side and his mouth closed. When I said the last part he jumped up and ran past me. The boys laughed and I followed the dog down the stairs. I set my laptop and bag in the kitchen and dug around in my bag and found a tennis ball. I heard the front door close as I walked to the back door and went outside with Buddy.

I threw the ball out into the yard and watched as the black and white blur chased it. He brought the ball back and I threw it a few more times. The sun started to set and I sat down in the grass, waiting for Buddy to bring the ball back. Suddenly, a bright light from the house turned on, I looked to the back door to see Tobi standing there. I waved at him, thanking him for turning on the light. I was then tackled to the ground by Buddy. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his panting body. Buddy sat up and looked at me for a minute.

Suddenly, he grabbed my glasses that were laying on the ground next to my head and started running around the yard. He loves doing this all the time, grabbing something of mine to make me chase him.

"Buddy!" I said while laughing and scrambled to my feet. I ran after him and chased him around the yard at least ten times.

"Riley! What are you doing?" JJ called from his balcony. He was leaning on the railing while chuckling at me. With the light shining from his room behind him, and the fact that he was shirtless, I felt something flutter inside me.

"The only way he can get me to chase him is to steal my stuff," I said back up to him. I was taking the opportunity to catch my breath as Buddy continued to run around like his dopey little self. Vikk walked out next to JJ and wrapped his arms around his waist. I felt happy with their cuteness, but also a bit sad for some reason.

"What does he have?" Vikk asked and leaned his head on JJ's chest as JJ moved his arm around Vikk.

"He has my glasses," I say and listen to the two laugh. "Buddy, come here," I say, tired from all of the running. The proud dog slowly trotted over and gently set my glasses in the grass. I picked them up by one of the arms.

"What's wrong? Did he break them?" Josh asked, appearing next to JJ as well.

"No, they are just covered in drool," I said and scrunched up my face in disgust.

The three boys laughed as Buddy just sat there, absolutely clueless.

Sorry if there are mistakes, I didn't really edit or proof read this. I hope you guys are enjoying! Until next time, Ilya, bye!!!