Chapter 20

(__) POV

It's been two months since I came to train under Mihawk. Training was hard but I at least had the cute little monkeys in the forest to play with and of course Mihawk.
"Mihawk!!!" I shouted running in the halls. "Let's go out on a picnic today!!" I was running towards the direction of Mihawk's room in the shirt Shanks gave me. Once I reached his door I was about to open it but then the door opened with Mihawk standing in the doorway. He was wearing grey sweats and was completely shirtless letting me see his muscular built and abs.
"You sure are loud this morning."
"Come on, Come on, Come on!! I wanna go on a picnic!! Hurry up and change!!!" I said jumping in excitement. Last night I read a book where they went on a picnic and it seemed like so much fun that I wanted to try it to.
"You should change too (__)." He stared causing me to look down at my clothes.
"Oops, I forgot." I said while scratching the back of my head.
"And I have to prepare the food first before we go on the picnic."
"Awww!" I pouted.
"But I'll do it as fast as I can, so go get ready." I immediately cheered up giving him a hug before running off to get ready. I went into the bath, changed, and did my hair. I was wearing a short, puffy,  white top with a bow around my waist. The sleeves went to my arms exposing my shoulders and part of my chest. I had on a short yellow skirt with buttons and my (h/l), (h/c) hair was let down. (Outfit Below)

 (Outfit Below)

3rd POV

"Are you done yet?" (__) asked anxiously.
"Yes I just finished." He said and then turned around to face the (h/c) haired beauty. He stared at her admiring her cute outfit before finally saying something else.
"Let's go." And with that they walked out of the castle and into the forest. They walked through the forest chatting the whole time until they found the perfect spot to enjoy there picnic. There was a small clearing and in that clearing was a river. Sure it was a little dark and gloomy but it was nice and peaceful. Mihawk pulled out the blanket for them to sit on and from there they enjoyed there picnic. He made sandwiches, cut watermelon, and drinks. While enjoying their food they would talk here there. After eating they relaxed for a bit before (__) got an idea. She began to take off her socks and shoes earning her a questioning gaze from Mihawk.
"What are you doing?"
"I want to play in the water, come on!"
"I'll stay here you can go." The girl frowned at him before getting up. She then suddenly stole Mihawk's hat, placed it on her head, and ran into the river. The water stopped just above her knees. Mihawk stared at her thinking how nice she looked in his hat although it was a bit bigger on her.
"If you want your hat back then you're going to have to come and get it!" (__) said with a smile. Mihawk took off his shoes and socks and made his way down the river. (__) greeted him by splashing water on him before running away.
"So you're running away." Mihawk said with a smirk.
"I'm not letting you get your hat the easily!" She said back. They ran along the river, Mihawk trying to catch up to the girl while (__) was trying to keep his hat away. When (__) thought she was far enough away she stopped to see where he was. She was little surprised to not find him anywhere in the river. Then all of a sudden Mihawk quickly appeared in front of her from the direction of the forest causing (__) to stumble backwards. She was falling backwards and grabbed onto Mihawk's arms by accident causing him to fall too. The two landed in the water with there faces only inches apart. (__) was in the bottom in a sitting down position leaning back with her arms holding her up. One leg was laying down on the rocks while the other bent. Mihawk was on top of her with one leg in between hers and the other on the outside. His hands were on both sides of her almost as if he was trapping her. (__) stared into his deep golden eyes while Mihawk stared into her (e/c) ones. Suddenly breaking their trance Mihawk reached his hands towards her head and placed his hat back on his head. He got up and so did she, both trying to hide their blush from what just happened seconds ago.
"Well we should head back." (__) said walking in front of him.

*One month later*

"(__) Why do you always sleep with the same shirt?" Mihawk asked curiously. Over the weeks he spent with her he noticed that she normally slept with the same shirt, the one Shanks gave her.
"Because Shanks gave it to me?" Mihawk was a little hurt to hear that (__) cared so much about something Shanks gave her. "It's actually the first gift anyone has ever given me, so I treasure it." She explained. This of course made Mihawk wonder, if he gave her a gift would she treasure it as well?

*the next day*

"(__) I'm going to a nearby island I'll be back soon." Mihawk said to the girl.
"Wait I want to go too! There's something I've been meaning to buy."
"Fine lets go." They quickly left and headed to the nearby island Mihawk tended to go to when he needed to buy supplies.
"Wow it sure is crowded here!" (__) said staring at the city. Nearby the port was a market place where people were selling all kinds of things like food, clothes, jewelry, and charms.
"Let's go check it out!" She said as she pulled Mihawk to the market by his hands. (__) was looking through all the stores trying to find the right thing to buy. Her eyes landed on a beautiful gold necklace with a cross similar to Mihawk's only smaller. She stared at it wanting to buy it but she ignored that feeling. "No I can't I only have enough money to buy one thing, stay focused (__)." She thought to herself before moving away. She went to another stand not to far away but Mihawk didn't move. He saw the way (__) was looking at the necklace so he bought it for her while she was at another stand.
"I got what I wanted, did you find what you wanted?" (__) asked eyeing the bag in his hand.
"Yes. We can leave now."
"Wait before we go why not stop at a cafe." She suggested. And with that the two of them went to eat before heading back home.

"(__) there's something I want to give you./ Mihawk there is something I need to tell you." They said at the same time once they came back and entered (__) room.
"Oh yeah what is it?" She asked her beautiful (e/c) eyes staring in curiosity. He showed her the bag before pulling out what was inside. (__) was shocked to see that it was the same necklace she saw in the marketplace.
"You got that for me!? Why, you didn't need to do that!"
"I wanted to. You deserve to receive all the good things in the world." Her face went from surprise to happy after hearing how he felt.
"Okay can you put it on for me." She said turning her back on him. She moved her hair out of the way so he could place the gold necklace around her neck. Once he was done she turned back around to face him and pulled him into a hug.
"Thank you so much! I'll never take it off!" She said causing him to smile happily.
"What did you want to to tell me?" He asked as she pulled away from the hug.
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I wanted to thank you for training me and letting me stay at your house, so I bought you something while we were at the island." She said pulling out a gold bracelet. "I'm sorry if you don't like it, I wasn't sure what to get you." Without saying anything he took the bracelet and put it on.
"Anything you give me is precious."
"Thanks Mihawk."

Okay guys I think the next chapter or so she's finally going to Ace again!!!