Chapter 78

(__) POV

Wait what!? Use to work at my house. Is that why he seems so familiar. But how did I get here? Wasn't I just at Marineford fighting to get back Ace? Damnit what happened? The last thing I remember was Akainu going to attack Ace and then it's all black after that. Don't tell me... Ace isn't dead, is he?
"Ace..."
"Don't say anymore please allow me to explain. I don't know if you know this but when you were around three or so your mother cheated on your father with me. When he found out he mad that someone would dare disrespect him so he ordered his men to kill me off."
What kill him off!? If that's true then how is he alive!?!
"I died but then suddenly I was brought back to life by your mother. She kept it hidden but she had a special devil fruit powers called the Sukuu Sukuu no mi fruit that allowed her to resurrect the dead; however, this power came at a cost. After resurrecting three people the user automatically dies."
"Mom... she's... alive?"
"Please let me finish. Your father found out about her powers when she brought me back. He wanted to use her for some type of excitements he was conducting with Dr.Vegapunk. In order to stop him, she ran away with me. I want you to know something, she loved you very much. More than anything. She only left you with him because she thought he would at least take care of his flesh and blood but it appears she was wrong. During the Battle of Marineford, we watched as you fought to save your friend. Your mother was so happy that you grown up to find friends and to be able to smile the way you did. At least that was until she saw you die by drowning. And your friend Ace died along with you. Not to long after your captain Whitebeard also died. When your mother saw this she left the island in the hopes of bringing you back. I, of course, came along with her and went to Marineford. We got some diving equipment and I searched the water for you two. It took a while but we finally found you. We bright you and your friend back to this island and your mother brought the both of you back. But as you know that was her third time so she died right afterward."
Ace is alive? Pops is dead!? Mom was alive and I killed her!?! I killed her. She died because of me. I didn't even get to see her again and she died.
I picked my beaten up body into a sitting position allowing some blood to spill as I stared at my hands as cried.
"How... how can I live with myself? I killed her!"
"Please don't think that she was happy to save you. You didn't kill she did this to save you like any parent would. There was something she wanted you to know before you died." Claude said and I turned to face him still with tears in my eyes. "She said she was sorry for leaving you behind all those years ago and that she will always love you. She said this was her way to finally be a true mother after all the years she wasn't there and that you shouldn't be sad."
"Mom..."

*darkness*

*four months later*

I woke up again confused at first but then quickly remembered everything that happened. My mom is dead for real this time and I'm at Claude's house. Wait a minute, he said Ace is here. That means he's alive. I have to go see him. Ace I'm coming.
I picked myself up and managed to swing my legs to the side of the bed but the moment I got up I fell to the ground with a loud thump. A second later I heard running and the door swings open revealing the person I've been looking for all this time. He stared at my eyes for a moment as if he was checking if this was real. When he realized it was he quickly ran to the floor and pulled me into a hug. It hurt but I ignored the pain as I couldn't believe that he was here with me.
"You're alive." Ace began and behind me, I swear I heard crying. "Thank goodness, I thought you would never wake up."
"You're the one that scared me, idiot," I said crying a little. I then pulled away and stared into his eyes crying some more. "You idiot! Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid." I said while hitting his chest softly and weeping. "Why would you do that! You really are an idiot. You're a devil fruit user why would you dive into the water like that! Why!?"
"If I didn't try and save you I would regret it for the rest of my life."
"Ace...you idiot."