Chapter 68

(__) POV

Oh no, they're starting again. They're about to kill him. "ACE!!!!!!!!!" The marines brought down their swords over Ace's head to kill him until.....
"DON'T YOU KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!" Luffy and I yelled with all the strength we had inside. When I opened my eyes I was surprised to find most of the marines were knocked out and a few of our allies as well. Everyone seemed stunned and the battle field was quiet but Luffy and I wouldn't let that distract us. We took this chance to charge forward to Ace with Ivankov following behind.
"Do you know what you just did?" Ivankov said surprised but was ignored by Luffy. Did I really just do that? Did we both?
"Conquers Haki we have it. We really do."

We continued charging to Ace until Pops used his tremor powers out of nowhere shaking the Earth. Many of the marines started charging at Pops instead of Luffy now.
"Stop and listen to me!! There's a new plan I'm either gonna live or I'm gonna die. So back up Straw Hat and (__) with everything you got!!!!" When the Vice Admirals tried. to attack us the New World pirates stopped them. Pops what the hell are you doing? Sacrificing yourself. Ace wouldn't want that. None of us do!
"Who are you guys?" Luffy asked as he ran.
"Never mind that. The marines forces are all focused on Pops so this is your chance to slip through and save Ace." We were good until Mihawk showed up again. He sent one of his green slashed towards us. I was going to counter it like last time until Mr.1 blocked it with his blades. Mihawk made easy work of him and came for us again until Crocy blocked him again.
"You aren't needed Straw Hat get lost before I change my mind," Crocy said and Luffy of course listened. "You too (__). Get out of here."
"Okay thank you Crocy."
I ran to catch up to Luffy who was already a little ahead of me. As we were running I noticed the New World pirates were able to push the marines back enough so that there was a clear opening for Luffy and I to the scaffold.
"They did it! They cleared a path!"
"Then let's not waste this chance Luffy."
Out of nowhere Inazuma appeared in front of us cutting the floor as he ran and lifting it up so that it attached onto the scaffold.
"Inazuma thank you!!" I said happily.
"Is that handy or what, thanks!" Luffy added with a smile. They tried to fire cannons at us but they were all cut by the commanders. At this point, it was a straight shot for us. We ran up the bridge with all the energy we had inside of us.
"Ace we're coming!" I yelled.
"We did it! I'm here!!"
Our happiness was short-lived when Gramps jumped in front of us cracking the bridge underneath him a little.
"Grandpa get out of the way!!"
"Gramps please move!!"
"I'm not moving a damn inch. I'm a Vice-Admiral of the navy!! I've been fighting pirates since long before you two were born and I ain't stopping today!!! You're not my family here! Your guys are the pirates Straw Hat Luffy and Enchanting Goddess (__) and I'll fight you to the death! This is the path you guys chose to take!!!"
"Gramps please don't don't this!"
"Come on, Grandpa, let me by PLEASE!!!!"
"Luffy, (__)!!!" Ace yelled.
"The bridge is gonna give up Straw boy, (__), you better move it or lose it whatever it takes!!!" Iva yelled.
"Don't give up!!!"
We were getting closer and closer to Garp and I couldn't but think back to the past and everything he's done for me

*flashback*

After leaving Luffy and Ace I never really got to see anyone again. I went through the same boring schedule every day: I'd wake up, take a shower, eat, study/practice till dinner, eat, and sleep again. There was the occasional abuse in there but that was about it. The only people I really saw were all the maids and butlers that worked in the mansion. They were all nice and I cared for them deeply but I still feel so trapped. I often spend a lot of time staring outside my window at sunset, sometimes dreaming and sometimes reminiscing on old memories. On this day however things were different. As I was staring out the window I noticed Gramps at the front door. When the door opened he walked in disappearing from my view. Curious as to why he was here I went down to the living room to eavesdrop on his conversation with my father.
"So you want to play with (__)."
"Yeah, she's really the only little girl I met before and I really like playing with kids. You wouldn't mind would you?" Gramps said with a smile.
"I wouldn't mind, however (__) told me that she is extremely tired and doesn't want to see anyone today so you may leave now." Sad to hear that Gramps was going to leave before I even got the chance to see him I ran up to my room without making a sound. By the time I got back to my room, I saw Gramps back at the front door walking away until he turned around. He smiled at me and waved and I did so back, but instead of turning back to leave, he came my direction. Once he was right below my balcony he jumped up landing safely on it. I ran to where the glass doors that led to my balcony were and opened them allowing Gramps to enter.
"Gramps!" I said excitedly but made sure to keep my voice down so father wouldn't here.
"I missed you, my granddaughter." He said pulling me into a hug.
"I thought you were leaving? What if father sees you?"
"Nah don't worry about it. He's probably so busy with work he wouldn't even notice." He said with his usual laugh.
"You're probably right," I said giggling.
"You wanna play a game?"
"Yeah let's play!" He pulled out a small rectangular box from who knows where and placed it on the bed. "What's that?"
"It's called a board game."
"A board game?" I've never heard of this before. What is it? He began to open this board game thing pulling out different parts of it.
"You see these things they are dice," Gramps said holding two cube-shaped dice to my face. "You roll these and the sum you get is the amount you move your piece." He continued to explain to me the rules of this board game. Apparently, the point of the game is to buy as much property as possible and leave your opponent bankrupt. As we played I started getting better and better at how it worked much to Gramps dismay. It took a couple of hours to finish but I had fun the entire time.
"Damn it I lost!" Gramps complained as he handed me his crackers. Oh and I forgot to say this but Gramps said whoever wins gets the losers crackers. Just a little bonus prize he added.
"It's simple really Gramps you spent all your money buying expensive properties such as Boardwalk and Pennsylvania Avenue. Yes, this property would make me pay a lot if you had a house or a hotel on it but those are too expensive to build. It is actually my profitable to pay for Virginia Avenue and New York Avenue because it's cheaper to buy hotels. So as you were struggling to get enough money to build a house I was able to buy hotels for cheaper. This of course only made it harder for you because as you land on my property I was able to buy more and more land while you were still trying to buy one simple house as you slowly reached bankruptcy."
"Huh, I'm sorry what did you say?" Gramps asked waking up from his nap.
"Did you even hear a word I said."
"Yea I'm just playing with you." He said rubbing my head affectionately. "You're way too smart for such a little girl," Gramps said laughing.
"I guess."
"That just makes me even more proud of you. My granddaughter is the best person in the world!"
He's proud of me. No one has ever said that to me before. Not even father. It's all I ever wanted from him. To acknowledge me. Just once in my life, I wanted him to say he was proud of me. I'd do anything just for those simple words.
"What's wrong (__)?" Gramps asked.
"Nothing Gramps. You're the best Gramps in the whole world you know that." I said hugging him.
"You're so sweet. You're gonna make your old man cry!"

*flashback over*

Gramps, why do you have to do this? Why can't you just move and let us save Ace? Please, please don't make me fight you.
"I'm not hurting you just move!!" Luffy begged.
"If you don't strike me dead than you lose Ace!"
"Gramps please don't make us!"
"I won't show any of you mercy!!! You guys are pirates that makes you my enemy!"
Luffy turned into second gear, I put my swords away, and Gramps got ready to punch us. He threw a punch right as which he purposely missed allowing Luffy to hit him under his chin and me to kick him in the stomach. As Garp fell the bridge began to crack at a faster pace than before but Luffy and I ignore it as we focused on Ace.
"Thank you, Gramps." I whispered a as I watched him fall.
"Ace I'm here!" I yelled once I made it to the top.
"Finally I'm here... I told you I'll do it!"
"Luffy, (__)." Ace began surprised. "You guys really are crazy."
"Anything for you Ace."
"Yeah, well," Luffy said with a large grin. "Let's go I got the key right here," Luffy said going to the back of Ace to uncuff him.
"We'll be home soon Ace don't you worry," I said with a smile. I quickly noticed a deadly aura come from beind me. When I turned around Sengoku was glowing and transforming into a large golden Buddha statue.
"Struggle all you like but you're trapped in the palm of my hand," Sengoku said. He's so big. If he stays like that the scaffold will break for sure. Right before Luffy was able to uncuff Ace, Kizaru broke the key with one of his beams.
"Oh crap, I lost it!"
"You dug your own grave Straw Hat. I don't care if you're (l/n) daughter or not (__) I have no choice but to kill for what you did today." Next to Ace one of the guards began to wake however this particular guard looked quite familiar.
"My goodness, I think I must have passed out a moment there." He then turned to face us. "Straw Hat, (__), what?"
"Wait 3 why are you here?" Luffy asked. He wasn't able to answer as he notice Sengoku getting ready to attack.
"Mr.3 protect Ace and Luffy with a wall and make a key for him," I commanded. When Sengoku threw his punch at me I quickly grabbed my two swords and crossed them over my head so the impact wasn't as great. Pushing off of the ground with all the might I had I was able to throw back Sengoku's punch however that caused that scaffold to fall sending us all plummeting down. As I was falling I saw Mr.3 make a key and hand it to Luffy. The marines started firing at us in the hopes of killing us before we could cause more damage.
"What is that it looks like a tunnel of flames!"
"Ever since you were little you never listened to a word I said have you?" Ace! He's alive! Oh, wait I'm still falling! Crap someone catch me! I closed my eyes waiting for impact but it never came. Instead, I was engulfed by a familiar warmth which I missed so much. "You too (__) you're just as bad as Luffy."
"ACE!!!"