Chapter 73

3rd POV

His name was Edward Newgate and in his prime, he stood against even the King of the Pirates. His crew was his family and he fought beside them until the ripe old age of 72. The world knew him as Whitebeard. He had stepped boldly into Marineford and brought the walls of the Navy Headquarters down around him and yet despite his superhuman efforts the navy forces and their allies, the Shichibukai, proved too strong.

The rest of the crew that stayed to watch the battle unfold between Whitebeard and Blackbeard now retreated back to their ships.
"Hahaha!!! That old man was as tough as nails I thought he would never die." Blackbeard said.
"A minor setback yes," Laffitte said.
"Let's give them a magic show they'll never forget!" Blackbeard announced as four of his men covered Whitebeard's body with cloak. He went inside the cloak leaving everyone confused, marines and pirates alike.

Jinbe headed towards the Moby Dick with Luffy in his arms that was until Aokiji froze the sea over. To add on Akainu came to fight as well with magma dripping all over him.
"We're not gonna let you lay a hand on him." One of the Pirates said stepping between Jinbe and Akainu.
"That's right Pops wanted us to protect him."
"And if he's Ace's and (__) family then he's ours."
"Listen to yourselves." Akainu began. "You act brave now but if I recall you were happy to leave your beloved father, brother, and sister behind to their fates to save yourselves."
This, of course, angered the pirates. They shot bullets at Akainu but everyone went through his magma body. Akainu went to punch them until Ivankov and Inazuma blocked it.
"As Dragon's comrade, I feel it is my duty to protect him."
"I feel the same." Inazuma agreed.
"I have a job to do here so I'd appreciate it if you step aside. Unless you're looking to die too!"
"My goodness, if you think you're hot stuff you haven't seen anything yet magma boy because this Queen is on fire!" Ivankov shouted.

Back to Blackbeard in his crew, the job he was doing was almost finished.
"Ladies and gentlemen, mostly gentlemen, we are grateful for your patience can Teach and his merry men present to you a spectacle, the likes of which you've never seen. 1, 2, tada!" Laffitte announced. The cloak was pulled off revealing Blackbeard standing there but everything looked the same.
"It's been fun. The Shichibukai thing I mean, you played your part well, but as you see I don't need you anymore." Blackbeard began to summon to darkness to consume the marines from under their feet. "This one here you all know it's my dark dark fruit power but this, just watch!!" He loved his arm back similar to the way Whitebeard did when he used his powers.
"No, it can't be!?" Marco said stunned and slightly frightened. When Blackbeard hit the air a tremor was sent completely destroying Marine Headquarters and the ground as well.
"He stole that power from Pops!"
"I know but how? That isn't normal is it?"
"A hand of darkness to call forth the void, a hand of light to shake the Heavens and rid the Earth. Both are mine and the world will tremble with my every step. Only a fool would defy me." The marines fell into despair realizing how bad the situation now was. "This is a wake-up call to the boring peace lovers, the happy pirates, the fat headed fools from the government, the ignorant masses. We all must answer to the hand of fate and fate has chosen me to conquer this world!"
"Damnit first (__) and now this!"
"What are we gonna do?"
"There are so many demons in this war!"
"Now where to start, oh I know. How about I give Marineford a burial at sea!" What Blackbeard didn't notice immediately was that Sengoku was already above him in his statue form. When he came down a bunch of the Blackbeard Pirates got caught up in his attack.

Back with Luffy Jinbe ran away while Ivankov and Inazuma dealt with Akainu. However, it didn't take long for the admiral to beat him and move on to Luffy. When Jinbe tried jumping onto one of the ships nearby he noticed the water was frozen solid and to make matters worse Akainu was now behind him. Jinbe punched them admiral but instead got burned by the fire. Akainu punched Jinbe hard enough to leave a hole in his chest. Even with his injuries, Jinbe attempted to get up again in order to protect Luffy. Akainu pulled his arm to punch him but before he could he was cut by sand.
"Sables!" Jinbe and Luffy were lifting into the air by a sand tornado. "They won't be there for long so catch them and take them on a ship!" Crocodile commanded.
"Why the sudden change in heart?" Jinbe asked.
"Because (__) wanted him to be safe. I don't like either of you but if it's what she wanted then I'll do it." Crocodile then turned his attention back to Akainu. "And also I got a score to settle with this guy."
The tornado and sand disappeared and the two were sent flying until Buggy accidentally saved them. With his body cut in half, he flew around avoid any danger while carrying Jinbe and Luffy. Suddenly not that far away from them, a yellow sub emerged from the water.
"Huh, I don't take orders from you pal. Besides what do you want with them any way you weirdo. Actually who the hell are you?" Buggy asked rudely.
"Straw Hat maybe my enemy someday but I'll let the fates decide that one. Either way, it'd be a waste to let him die here. Hand him over and we can escape! He'll die without my help!"
"What!?!"
"Trust me I'm a doctor.
"Oh doctor my ass! What type of doctor carries a giant sword and the whole submarine thing is fishy too!! What's your deal?"
"Stop screwing around hand him over!" Law demanded.
"What's in it for me! What's in it for you!" Suddenly Navy battleships started attacking then from the back.
"Damn it there's no time, we gotta escape now!"
"They got us surrounded!" Bepo exclaimed. Right before the canons could hit the ship Blackbeard used his tremor powers again to split the sea and crack the earth. Slowly marines realized the injustice of this war. Marines being left on the floor to die as the rest abandon them to kill more pirates. Everywhere you turned there was a battle going on. All you can hear was the screams of dying men and the clatter of swords against swords as well as the firing of gunshots. Was it really worth all this to kill one man?

"Excuse me friend why don't you come down here," Kizaru said.
"No not you!" Buggy said scared.
"Drop them now you idiot!" Law yelled.
"You know what fine I don't need this right now I've done enough! They're probably gonna die anyway!" Buggy exclaimed throwing Jinbe and Luffy onto the ship.
"Don't think I forgot about what happened in Saboady. Time to pay." Kizaru said as his finger began to glow.
"YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH!!!!!!!" Someone yelled stopping Kizaru from his attack. Crying and yet standing tall in front of Akainu with his arms stretched out was pink-haired marine, Coby. "These are human lives this is wrong!! They have families, children, they're our friends and we are watching them die. We killed Ace, Whitebeard and (__) are dead, the pirates don't have the will to fight anymore. What are we trying to do, what's the point? There are wounded men out there. We can save them if we stopped fighting, but no we're just making more victims more casualties. Those marines have nothing to be proud of. Why are they dying? WHAT ARE THEY EVEN FIGHTING FOR!!!"
"Boy, you better run." Akainu said. "You're wasting my time. If you would impede on justice I have no use for you." Before Akainu could punch his magma was blocked by a sword.
"A splendid speech. Touched my heart and though they were few those precious moments you shared with the world will change this world. Though only the future will tell if it's for the better or for the worse."
Law took the chance while the navy was distracted to take Luffy and Jinbe inside the submarine however Kizaru quickly and got ready to attack. He stopped when a gun was pointed at him.
"Put your hands up now."
"Ohh, well I'll be Benn Beckman."
"Hey, way a second I know that ship." One of the pirates said.
"What's he doing here?"
"One of the Yonko and his crew!"
"It's Red Hair Shanks on no!!" The marines all yelled.
"It's been a long time old friend. Let's end this war."