Chapter 15

I shook with an odd mixture of excitement,  rage and unbound delight. My first real kiss. A kiss I have been waiting for a lifetime.  Sadly that was all it took to bribe me into taking my next feed. Gone was my will to die an empty death. Gone was my desire to be away from him. Instead my feet all but flew in their shuffling move to close the distance between us.

In a whip of movement, Lucian pounced and met me half way. I found myself floating effortlessly up and towards the bed only an instant later. Lucian tucked me into him and I was awashed in a hungry glow of pure desire. My head settled onto his chest. Shirt unbuttoned and spread bare the delicious contours of his torso.  I thirsted for more than his mere blood.  Surreptitiously my tongue flicked out to taste the texture of his skin. There was no salt residue. He tasted of cream. Rich and thick dollop of pure unadulterated vanilla cream. Even the chill factor worked in favour for him. Sweet cool ice cream.  I all but moaned in ecstasy.

Naturally this was not the first I'd tasted him. Having drunk his blood before I have had more than my share of the chilled desert that was Lucian.  Always taking care to let my tongue divert a distance away from the source of his gushing blood.  I made it appoint to taste him and taste him well every time I fed off him. But it wasn't the same.  The metalic taste of blood on my lips had always been stronger on those occasions. Lucian had always understood my need to lick at him. To offset the bitter tangy taste of blood with pure ice cream. 

But now he knew it was never just that. In fact,  now I know that he knew it was never just that. It was always my unbridled love for him. My unquenched desire for him. That led me astray.  That led me to stray across the great expanse of his chiseled chest.

He was a true work of art. Not merely pure bulk and brawn but perfectly sculptured six pack with endless strength and control.  He was more than invincible.  He was a fortress. Inside out.  Nothing penetrated the barrier he errected. Not physically and certainly not through the thoughts of his mind.

His heart? I wasn't entirely sure that even existed. Yet the faint but clear thud beneath his chest proved very much that it did.

His hands ran through my hair. Tousling my already jumbled strands even further.  I was sure it would be reduced to a tangled mess unworthy of saving but I didn't care. I cared only for my kiss.  A real kiss not that indecent excuse of a brush of lips that he called a kiss.

I tilted my head lifting my lips to his expectantly.  But his didn't take it.

"Drink first," he said softly but firmly.  I sighed then turned my attention away from his pouty lips to where his finger brushed over his chest drawing blood startling red against the paleness of his skin.

I reached out to flick a tongue over the gushing blood and grimaced in distaste but his hands were firmly entrenched in my hair holding me to him. So I gave up the fight and did as he asked. Opening my mouth over the wound I drank his blood, suckling it from him.