Chapter 42

The ride to the church felt a little odd. Although Damon and I conversed easily about the wedding and the guests I couldn't set aside a disturbing feeling that something was happening that shouldn't.  My anxiety attacks wouldn't let up.

All too soon we were at the church and I was rushing in with my load of sashes, flowers and stuff. The bride was already there in the room set aside for her to make ready and Lucian was somewhere in here too.

I dashed up the flight of stairs and Damon drove off to find parking.  My feet pattered silently on the carpeted floors and I made my way unerringly towards the room at the back.

I pushed open the door and couldn't hold back my gasp of awe. Vanessa turned to smile down at me becoming even more prettier than I had expected. I rushed in to her side gasping, " Oh my god! " You look amazing. "

That she did.  A fairy bride like no other. She was perfect for Lucian. My heart spasmed painfully again. I felt sweat break out across my forehead. 

" Are you alright? " Vanessa turned to me in concern. I smiled vaguely waving off her attentions.

"I am fine. Really." I muttered before excusing myself to head down to the retiring room. I needed to relax. I felt too wound up as if I was about to burst open or something.

I started down the corridor heading to the ladies toilet I passed by on my way in but my feet seemed to have a course of their own.

Pattering down an entirely different wing,  I came to a stop in front of an unknown door. With an urgency I didn't understand I pushed it open and caught the startled tawny eyes of Lucian in my own.

I gasped in surprise.  "I am sorry I was looking for the ladies...," I trailed off vaguely unsure what just happened.

"Its alright I am glad you're here. I could use your help with this bow tie," said Lucian with a lopsided smile.

I met his gaze and found its intensity unnerving but my feet found itself pattering across the doorstep and on to his side.  I knew nothing about bow ties but that didn't stop me from reaching out to try.