Chapter 7

His skin was cold to touch. Smooth and flawless.  Splotches of heat lit across his high cheek bones clearly displaying his uniqly uncomfortable state.

I felt my lips part in a devilish grin that afforded him no quarter.

He knew what I wanted and I doubt he had it in him to refuse me this. My hands framed his exquisite face as I leaned closer rising on to the tips of my toes wanting to get closer. Needing to be closer but his heavy breath blew out cold and panicked across my face.

His lids grew heavy and drooped over the brilliant gold that was his glowing eyes. I knew he felt fear. Felt out of control.  As if what was to come was beyond us both. And it was.  It was finally clear to me. Crystal clear. That there had to be a higher power. One that threw us into each others paths at the most unusual moments.  Clearly we were destined to be in each others lives. We were meant to be.  To deny it any longer than we already had was sheer foolishness. 

And foolish was one thing I wasn't. 

Other than foolishly in love of course.

I lifted my lips up to brush his but stopped just short of his chin.

I couldn't reach.  I needed for him to bend over and meet me part way.

The ball was most unfortunately in his court.

I sighed.

Then pursed my lips and closed my eyes.

I waited.