Chapter 11: An Explanation Long Overdue

(Your POV)
I was expecting some kind of noticeable change when Zeoticus told me my house was better, but this takes the fucken cake.

"Why did he give me a mansion?" I asked out loud as everyone from both Rias' and Issei's peerage stood outside with me

"Why did he give me a mansion?" I asked out loud as everyone from both Rias' and Issei's peerage stood outside with me. All of us were amazed with the lighthouse's redesign, and it was now a mansion. I had a key in my hands and opened up the locked door, letting us inside what appeared to be a massive living room. I took a moment to examine every little detail while Issei crashed onto my couch. Rias and the others also placed themselves down on my new couch whilst I kept on looking around, for some reason, I was filled with childish curiosity.

"What is this?" I pointed at a weird machine that was attached to the wall, it displayed the current temperature and had some buttons, I tried taking it off without breaking it, but it was attached.

"(Y/N), that's a thermostat." Koneko answered, and I felt stupid for asking such a dumb question. "Do you not know what a thermostat is?"

"Nope, I kind of had to rebuild my house several times, so I couldn't waste money on fancy stuff like thermostats and mailboxes." I answered, kind of embarrassed about my childish excitement. "Sorry, I'll try to explore everything later."

"No no, it's fine that you're excited." Akeno has her phone out, and I saw a red beeping light coming from it. "It's kind of adorable actually~"

"In what universe is a possibly immortal 6"6' giant who fights like a coked up barbarian, cute?" Issei asked, but then he was knocked in the back of the head by Koneko. "Ow!"

Ignoring what just happened, I kept on looking around my newly acquired mansion and learned about the new appliances I had at my disposal. I now had an actual refrigerator instead of a hole in the ground full of ice, and I had this thing called a toaster! Apparently I insert toast into it and it pops out cooked, I will admit I was scared back a bit when the toast popped out. My personal favorite part was that I finally had these things called solar panels, which I found pretty neat. Now I also had a bunch of guest rooms, and guest rooms means having friends over. And I have friends now...I think? Do they see me as a friend?

Also I had a bed now, so I find that pretty neat.

"Hey (Y/N), we know you're excited, but we have make-up to work on." Issei reminded me, so I walked back towards the living room to begin working on our stuff.

Everyone was in their casual attire since it was the weekend. Rias' casual clothes were a white and red striped tank top, jean shorts, and sandals. Akeno's attire consisted of a pink button up shirt, a skirt, and sandals. Koneko wore a white tank top, paired with black gym shorts and tennis shoes. Asia didn't have much to wear, so she just wore her old nun uniform. Kiba was a bit more classy, wearing a white collared shirt with jeans and dress shoes. Issei on the other hand wore khaki shorts, a red shirt, and tennis shoes. As for me, I only had a Hawaiian shirt and swim shorts, since I don't get out much.