Chapter 44: Calling Home (Fixed)

(Your POV)
Today was the official day of the rating game between Sona and Rias, and I was not allowed to fight in it because they were scared I might accidentally kill someone. A precaution I was understandable of. I was surrounded by devils who didn't know who I was, nor did I know who they were. I didn't really care though, I was on a balcony looking over the arena they were fighting in, which was absolutely massive in my opinion. It was a perfect replica of the mall, complete with perfect items from it. Like donuts and those magazines Issei likes. Right off the bat, Gasper put on a pair of glasses, which are said to help him with his powers. Issei also started reading porn mags while everyone I didn't mention began making preparations for the fight ahead, mainly by planning ahead. I sighed before pulling out my phone, the fight wasn't going to start until much later, so I decided to check up on my friends. One problem though, I don't have many friends. The only people on my contacts list, who weren't devils or part of the supernatural, were Asger, Natalia, Ayako, Nico, Unohanna, and Onihime. The last four were for a project that involved dynamite, dead frogs, gift wrapping, and patchwork. The entire talented course agreed to call us the nightmare combo because out of everyone there, the five of us were the best at spreading chaos or nonsense. Still, I'm not sure if I'll end up annoying them if I call them. Should I try calling my classmates? No, I don't want to annoy them. What about my parents? They might be busy with their jobs, since Natalia is a lawyer and Asger a delivery man for fish. Before I could give it more thought, my phone began ringing, and it was one of those calls where you could see the person's face. I got nervous because I never really talked to people much, but I accepted nonetheless.

I realize that most people don't know who Unohanna is, so allow me to explain who she is. She's known as the Ultimate Knitter, and is pretty much the big sister of our class. She's even tied with Rias through the entire school for who has the most 'big sister energy'. I accepted the call and saw Unohanna. Her long hair was white, but turned a light hazel along the ends. It was down for now, but usually she wore it in one of those buns with chopsticks in them, except instead of chopsticks, they were knitting needles. She only really undid her hair when she was knitting so she could use the needles. Her skin was pretty pale, being roughly the same shade of white as snow, but her eyes were a rather warm brown color. She was also incredibly frail, being born with some kind of disease, this also forced her to miss a lot of school. From what I heard, it isn't life threatening, so we don't need to worry too much about it. When I accepted her call, she was wearing a soft pink sweater made from wool with Onihime behind her wearing a black tank top. Given the background, she was most likely calling me from Onihime's room.

"Hey (Y/N), it's been too long since we've seen each other." Unohanna was one of the few people who talked to me, so I'd say we were on good terms. "How have you been?"

"Yo (Y/N)!" Onihime waved to me from the background, and I waved back. "We are having a sleepover, no boys allowed though."

"Correction, we did try to invite him so he won't feel left out, he just wasn't home." Ayako was the no BS girl we all knew and loved. "Speaking of which, where you, (Y/N)?"

"I'm at a stadium." I gave a vague answer, since these girls don't know about the supernatural. "So why did you call me, Unohanna?"

"We were playing truth or dare, and Onihime dared Nico to call Kiba, one problem though, Nico doesn't have Kiba's phone number." Unohanna informed me, and that is indeed a troublesome situation. "You're the only boy we really know, so we figured to just call you."

"I still want Gasper's phone number!" Onihime pumped her fist into the air, the only problem was that Gasper didn't have a phone, much less a number for her to contact him.

"ONIHIME, THESE AREN'T CHOCOLATE CHIP!" Nico's voice shouted, and I heard what sounded to be a plastic bag. "THESE...ARE RAISIN! WHO LIKES RAISIN?!"