Chapter 89: The Aftermath of Loss (Fixed)

(Rias POV)

(Y/N)...why did you have to go?

Right now I was at the Gremory Estate, sitting in a chair, watching as everyone was in a panic, not only because (Y/N) died, but also because Issei was killed while he was in a coma because someone stabbed him with a knife covered in Samael's blood. Plus it was worth mentioning that the Khaos Brigade is attacking the underworld by using Annihilation Maker to create 13 massive beasts that look like chimeras, or different combinations of different monsters. What's worse is that these giant monsters are also spawning more beasts from their bodies, like their skin becomes new monsters. These beasts were targeting capitals of the underworld or other important places. Among these monsters was a much larger, humanoid monster that is called Jabberwocky, while 12 smaller monsters are called Bandersnatch. We had the underworld's strongest forces fighting against them, it was like flies fighting against a lion. Even Sairaorg's elder brother, Diehauser Belial, the emperor of rating games, was only able to stall Jabberwocky for a couple seconds at best. The only good news out of all this is that the citizen evacuation was successful, so no civilians are getting caught up in the crossfire. However, I didn't care about the monsters,I just wanted (Y/N) back. I was wearing his sealskin on my body, hugging it around myself because it reminded me of him. I was also holding the rook piece that used to be inside him.

"So it seems like the Four Satans are going out into the field, won't be long before we're sent out there too." Riser walked towards us, but I didn't care, everything was falling apart anyways. "Hey Rias, you okay? You look like a mess."

"Why do you care?" I glared at the Phenex, who raised both his hands and backed away from me.

"Look I just came here to escort my brother and give you guys some possibly good news, jeez I know I was an asshole in the past but I'm trying to change." Riser was now talking in the first person. "According to the sacred gear database in heaven, the boosted gear is still in Issei Hyoudou's possession."

"I am not in the mood for this Riser." I was not in the mood for the mystery surrounding Issei's death.

"Here is your tea, sorry I don't make it as good as Akeno does." Kiba walked to the lounge area I was in before setting a tray of tea in front of me on the coffee table. "Oh, hello Riser."

"Cut the glare, I'm here on official business for once." Riser looked behind him, and he noticed two people walking towards us. "Well speak of the devil and he shall arrive."

"Rias Gremory." Riser and Ravel's older brother, Ruval Phenex, looked like Riser, except older and dressed in a nice suit. "I am terribly sorry for your loss."

"Thank you Ruval." I thanked the man while putting on the hood of the coat, the jacket didn't have any blood on it, thankfully.

"I understand your heart is heavy, but there are pressing matters at hand." Ruval reached into his pocket and handed me some vials full of Phoenix Tears. "When you are ready, we can use your help out there."

"My peerage is scattered right now, so right now is not a good time for us to enter the fray." I still took the Phoenix tears so we can enter combat the moment we can. "Xenovia, Irina, and Asia are all currently in heaven, talking with the angels, Rossweisse and Gasper are somewhere getting stronger, Akeno is on Earth helping (Y/N)'s family, and the rest of us just need some time to mourn."

"I understand, I wish you the best, come along now Riser."

Ruval, Ravel, and Riser all left us, and I decided to go to my room. I know it's selfish of me, but with some of my best pieces out of commission or deceased, there's nothing I can do. I got up from the chair and felt the cold marble floors beneath my bare feet. The halls were dark and empty, the only person I saw was Kiba, who was sitting on the chair in the lounge room, trying to process the fact that Issei and (Y/N) are dead. I passed by the guest room Asia was staying in and heard that she was still sobbing. I decided to go by the kitchen and get Asia a glass of water so she won't dehydrate herself by crying. I grabbed a cup of water for Asia before entering her room, noticing how her hair was a mess, and she was crying into a pillow. I set the cup of water before sitting on the edge of the bed, then I pat Asia's back.