Chapter 49: Interview

(Your POV)
Today was the day we were going to be on television, and I was rather nervous. I was in front of a mirror, practicing on smiling by placing my fingertips on the side of my mouth. I wanted to be able to not only smile on command, but also make it a smile that suited me, like the way Rias does. For some reason though, they wanted me to wear a military uniform, but I didn't have one. Luckily, my father was actually in the military before he had me, and still had his uniform, that would explain his usage of guns. Due to our size difference, we had to ask Unohanna to modify it a bit, but in the end, it was worth it. The uniform consisted of baggy, dark green camouflage pants tucked into black military boots, and on the top was an ocado camouflage, long sleeve, collared shirt. I had the sleeves rolled up to show my forearms since it looked nicer. On the right shoulder used to be a flag of (country name), where my father served and some other military stuff I didn't understand. Now it's barren and empty, just like the opposite sleeve. Despite its ordinary design, I liked it. It was light, worked as camouflage in case I end up getting in over my head. The only real oddity was my jester's mask on my side, and it's there so I won't have to waste magic energy into my eyes. I was so distracted with my task that I didn't even notice Rias in the mirror until she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek, causing me to blush a bit.

"(Y/N), you're so tense, are you that nervous about appearing on television?" Like her mother, Rias seemed to be able to read my mind.

"Among other things..." I was primarily worried about Asia, so much so that I ordered an AK-12 from one of Mukuro's contacts. "I hope I don't ruin your reputation in any form."

"Don't worry about ruining anything (Y/N), I'm sure you'll do just fine." Rias tried easing my stress before suddenly stroking my head, and I would have been against it, but it was nice. "You'll probably be asked some questions about your peerage, military affairs, and tested for your leadership abilities. You'll do fine, just answer honestly like you always do."

"Maybe I should wear my mask, I can't smile on command like you do." I was about to put on my jester's mask, but Rias stopped me.

"Stop it, while you can't smile on command, there are things that will make you attractive." Rias then began listing things off. "First off, your eyes, they're a beautiful (e/c) color and always show compassion, even when you are looking at someone you hate. Second off, you arms, while they may be large, but you're always focusing on the kinds of hugs they could give. Third of all, you have this sort of charm that changes, sometimes it makes you cuter, and sometimes it makes you give off the same energy as a king. The list goes on, do I need to continue?"

"N-No..." I wasn't used to compliments, and while it did feel nice, it was a bit much for me, and I could feel Rias tighten her embrace around me.

"I can also tell you're worried about Asia, so much so that you've even started writing to people who have sent letters to you." Rias was quite observant, there were some letters on my desk addressed to some people who wanted to join my Peerage. "You never really ask anyone else for help, so seeing this is quite a surprise."

"I don't know what to do." I decided to be honest, and from looking into the mirror, I could see Rias's concerned expression. "I want to not only protect Asia, but make her happy as well. Diodora is able to teleport in here without so much as a warning, so I don't know what to do to counter that."

"Relax (Y/N), your parents, Dagda, and Azazel are taking care of that, so you can just focus on other things." Rias then tapped the tip of my nose with her finger. "Like making yourself happy and not just focusing on everyone else."

"I'll try."

After I got ready, Rias and I went with the rest of Rias' peerage to a magic circle that Rias drew in her room. In a flash of crimson light, we were transported to a studio that was in the underworld. Wait, why didn't we just do that last time instead of taking the train?! Now that I think about it, Rias can be needlessly over dramatic at times, but I still respect her. When we arrived at the place, we were met with the producer. The producer looked pretty stereotypical, black hair, tie, glasses, suit, and a clipboard. He guided us down a hallway, allowing me to look around the area. The area looked modern enough, but I could tell most of the technology and equipment was run on magic energy. As we walked, we were later met by an unexpected person, and the only person to even come close to reaching my height, Sairaorg. Behind him was a group of people, whom I assumed was his peerage.