Chapter 45: Way Back Home

(Your POV)
Today was the day we officially left hell, and the rating game was little under a week ago. I had Mule carry everyone's stuff into the train while we said our goodbyes. I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt that displayed blue hibiscus flowers, khakis, and sandals, since it was still the middle of summer. Due to the fact I'm overly cautious from time to time, I had my gun case slung over my shoulder with the M82 inside it. Everyone else was wearing their respective casual clothes while we said goodbye to Rias' family, who all had slightly saddened expressions on their faces. I'm not sure if it was just the atmosphere, but the train station looked like it was from the industrial era, and the steam/smoke coming from the trains only worked to solidify that comparison.

"It was nice finally meeting this (Y/N) character in person, and I can safely say I approve of you marrying Rias if you so chose." Zeoticus already gave me his blessing, causing Rias and I to turn slightly red. "Feel free to return any time, and the Gremory family accepts you as an honorary member of the family."

"Thank you Lord Zeoticus." I thanked the man while bowing before him in a respectful manner. "But I think it would best to wait until after graduation to speak of marriage and such."

"A wise decision, and I'm entrusting you to watch over Rias in the human realm." Venelana informed me. "I know how selfish she can be at times, and that tends to worry me. On the bright side, she's been more expressive nowadays, and I think it's because of you. So thank you, thank you for being born."

"M-Mother!" Rias' face was turning a somewhat read color, and in my opinion, she looked kind of cute.

"Don't worry Lady Venelana, I will do everything I can to ensure the safety of your daughter." I promised to keep Rias safe, making Venelana smile a bit.

"The future of my family looks bright." Zeoticus was comically moved to tears, and I have been watching dramas lately, so there was something off about this scene.

"Honey, didn't you always want to say 'I'll never give my daughter to you', well you're throwing away the only chance you'll get." Venelana reminded Zeoticus, and that's what was off about this situation.

"I want to, but I would honestly feel bad for (Y/N)." Zeoticus gestured towards me. "He's a good kid and is most likely incapable of lying, I honestly can't think of a better man to take care of our daughter."

"Bye Rias, bey (Y/N)!" Milicas waved goodbye to the two of us, unintentionally leaving all the others out. "By Red Dragon Guy!"

"He didn't even remember my name..." Issei looked depressed, so I pat his back in hopes it will help him feel better.

With that said, we said our official goodbyes. I gave hugs to Venelana, Zeoticus, Sirzechs, Grayfia, and Milicas before boarding the train with my friends, who all settled for handshakes. On the train however, I felt as though we were being watched. I placed a hand on the metal and used my sensory ability on the earth within the metal, and while the image was fuzzy, I could tell someone was in disguise on the train. In spite of that, I decided against making any rash decisions just in case I'm not their target. I entered the train and sat in one of the booths, in a similar manner to my last train ride, the only real difference was that this time Akeno was avoiding me. While the train began to take off, all the girls decided to go grab some food from the restaurant train cart, leaving Akeno and I alone with each other. It was awkward because Akeno hasn't spoken to me since the bathhouse incident, and her smile was half hearted. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but she spoke up first.

"Hey (Y/N), I'm sorry." Akeno apologized for seemingly nothing, so I asked her what she meant. "When you accidently went into the baths thanks to Azazel, I went overboard with the flirting, I'm afraid you might hate me because of it, so I wanted to apologize to you."