Chapter 78: Arrival of a Phoenix, Reaper, and Problems

(Your POV)
I was currently at school, wearing my selkie's coat around my waist, except it looked like my old parka now thanks to Rossweisse teaching me her cloth-changing magic. Other than that, I wore my usual long sleeved school shirt with the sleeves rolled up to reveal my forearms, along with the uniform pants, belt, and shoes. I was on my way to the first year's classroom to check up on Ravel, since she arrived this morning, yet I didn't get to see her because I was busy helping Onihime build a new ramp. I was heading to the first year classroom alone, and I checked my watch, noticing that right now was around the time that the first year classes got out. I suddenly noticed that Rias was here as well, so I walked over to her to say hello. "Hello Rias, I take it you came here to visit Ravel as well?"

"Yes I am, and I'm guessing you came here for the same reason?" Rias guessed, and I nodded to confirm this answer. "How about we walk together, to keep eachother company?"

"Sounds good to me."

As we walked, we didn't talk much because I was still somewhat tired from training, and Rias was thinking about what to do with the old school building. Unfortunately, many of the people that saw us walking together started commenting on us. I was thankful I wasn't as attractive as Kiba, but that doesn't mean most of the girls don't like me. Given how I was excessively helpful and often helped with stuff, such as repairing lockers, filling in holes in the wall, or even installing AC units. They saw me as the 'protect and care' while Kiba is the 'nut and go'.

"There go (Y/N) and Rias, I wonder if they're dating." One of the girls started a conversation with her friends. "I see them around quite a bit."

"Really? I thought Asia and (Y/N) were dating, is (Y/N) two timing?" A second girl questioned, and I began getting nervous that a misunderstanding was about to spread.

"Or maybe (Y/N) is in a polynamurous relationship with Asia and Rias." The third girl guessed, and I had no idea what that word meant, it was too long. "I think (Y/N) is capable of making those two happy."

"If he ends up marrying both of them, he would make a good dad." The fourth girl pointed out. "But if either of them hurts him we're throwing hands."

"Fair point."

"I can't tell if they like you or are just protective of you." Rias pointed out as we continued walking down the hall. "You've become quite the talk around the school, becoming the 'male version of Hitomi Chan', which I think is fairly accurate."

"Hitomi Chan?" I had no idea who that was, but Rias most likely does because she knows more about manga than I do.

"Yeah, she's a girl who is pretty tall, eats a lot, is muscular, and is often associated with a shark, even though you're more likely to be associated with a seal." Rias pointed out as we began reaching the entrance to the first year classroom. "I hope Ravel didn't bring Riser along."

"Don't worry, by now, all of us surpass his power, plus, I heard he is scared of me for some reason." I scratched my cheek, and I heard about that through the Devinet and Kingstagram.

"Oh yeah, he has PTSD because of you, mainly because you were able to take care of most of his reinforcements and still managed to tank the combined strength of me and Akeno's attacks while holding him down." Rias reminded me. "Say, how did you not lose anything when you got hit with my power of destruction?"

"Beats me." I shrugged, I've built my body up to be durable enough to withstand the immense pressure of the ocean's depths without proper equipment back before I was even a devil. Maybe my body is capable of tanking almost anything.

After a while, we arrived at the first year classroom and looked inside, noticing how most of the students were gone except for five. Koneko was glaring at a blonde girl with drill-like hair, who was talking to two female students while Gasper hid in the corner of the room. I thought he was getting help for his social anxiety. Ravel was wearing the school uniform like the rest of us, unsurprising, but it worked surprisingly well for her. However, contrary to her normal, Princess-like demeanor, she was having trouble communicating with her fellow class men. She was pretty shy until she noticed Rias and I, then she let out a meek sounding "Excuse me..." before walking towards Rias and I. Ravel suddenly grabbed onto both our hands and dragged us out of the classroom. We walked down the hall for a bit before Rias decided to stop us.