Chapter 30: The Price of Immortality

(Your POV)
As I left the school, I was rather surprised to see Zeoticus looking at his phone. Given how he was the father of Rias and Sirzechs, and a high ranking devil, I was nervous around him. I don't hate him or anything, but anyone would be nervous when dealing with someone high ranking and just so happens to be the father of a girl who happens to like you. I awkwardly tried walking past him without him noticing, but he noticed me right away and called me over.

"Hello there (Y/N), I was hoping to talk to you about your powers." Zeoticus commented as I walked towards him. "Specifically, the only real supernatural ability you seem to have that's useful, your immortality."

"What is it, is there something you'd like to know?" I asked, and Zeoticus shook his head. "Then what do you need?"

"(Y/N), you need to stop relying on Huitzilopochtli's blessing." Zeoticus informed me, which caught me off guard. "Huitzilopochtli is a very busy god, even by god standards, so he didn't think his blessing through all the way, and it has some disastrous consequences."

"All my injuries will be reflected onto those closest to me?" I asked with tears threatening to come out of my eyes, and Zeoticus shook his head. "Will it hurt anyone close to me?"

"No, but it will affect you." Zeoticus informed me. "Your blessing not only heals you, but also makes you immune to any disease, illness, exhaustion and unfortunately, aging. While us devils have extended life spans, they are nothing compared to your new lifespan now. You will live forever, even when Ragnarok occurs, when the universe falls to heat death, and even when Shiva destroys the universe, you will be all that remains. Alone, for the rest of eternity."

"If it means I can protect everyone, then so be it." I calmly stated before trying to leave, but Zeoticus stopped me.

"Listen, a fate without anyone to stand by your side, is that what you truly want?" Zeoticus spoke, and I began to think. "Rias, Issei, and even your parents, all of them will age at some point, yet you won't. I don't want you to suffer in your solitude (Y/N), so that's why I'm offering you help."

"Are all blessings from old Central American gods this bad?" I questioned out loud, and Zeoticus explained that it was just Huitzilopochtli's blessing in particular that's bad. "So even if I did want to remove this blessing, why should I? Without it, I'm afraid I won't be able to help anyone."

"(Y/N), you're a strong boy, and I'm half tempted to adopt you on the spot, but your only weakness is that you don't give yourself enough credit." Zeoticus informed me, and I was concerned about the adoption part. "You've fought against Vali without your immortality and lasted longer than even the current Red Dragon, who is supposed to be his rival. You may not have a sacred gear, but you're strong."

"So hypothetically speaking, let's say I wanted to dispose of my immortality, how can I do that?" I asked, and Zeoticus smiled a bit. "Do I need to go search for something like a fountain of purification?"

"It's surprisingly easy, your options are to talk to a healing god or Huitzilopochtli himself to remove it." Zeoticus informed me, and I'm not exactly sure how I'll contact a god.

"How do I contact a god?" I requested, and Zeoticus chuckled at the question. "Please don't laugh, this is a genuine question."

"There's something special about you (Y/N), you appear incapable of lying, so many people like you in this world full of lies." Zeoticus informed me, causing me to tilt my head. "Besides, there are reports of a large serpent looking around Ireland, perhaps that is your doing?"

"No, I never summoned Jormungandr, and I haven't seen him since the familiar forest." I explained, and I noticed Zeoticus looked somewhat concerned about this. "Do you think it's another serpent?"