Chapter 39: The Results of Training (Fixed)

(Your POV, a two and a half weeks later)

I jumped back to avoid a slash that was coming at me from Scathach before lunging back to avoid a kick. I created three light daggers and spun around before releasing them one by one to hand at the target's feet. Scathach jumped back to avoid the daggers made of light, landing on the ground. I stomped my bare foot on the ground to encase Scathach's left foot in vines that erupted from the ground. I used this opportunity to aim my Lauer at Scathach and used a salt magic infused bullet to shoot at the woman. Scathach cut the bullet in half midair, only for it to explode into multiple white crystals. The crystals managed to scare my teacher while I threw down a smoke bomb in front of her. This smoke bomb in particular was full of a gas that should paralyze Scathach. Thanks to my training, I was immune to all poisons, so I was able to breathe it.

Scathach breathed the gas as I rushed towards her, but the poison was gonna need some time to kick in, so I decided to interrupt her focus and attack her. I held up a single finger like a conductor's wand and summoned an ethereal (f/c) drum behind Scathach. Like a ghost was beating it, the drum boomed with music as I put aside my gun by putting in my sheathe to draw Gae Bulg and Genbu. I charged at Scathach and tried slashing at her with my spear, but the woman managed to parry the strike with her own spear. I let go of the spear to strike Scathach in the stomach with Genbu, then I shot out the anchor to send her back.

I summoned a clone made of salt to hold Genbu while I summoned bubbles around him. I donned my jester's mask after grabbing Gae Bulg and turned invisible whilst summoning my wings to fly. I soared into the air and pulled out multiple thick disks that had scanners at the top. I hovered around the battlefield while deploying these small machines around Scathach. My clone blocked a strike from Scathach using the shield before attempting to strike at her with the anchor. Each of the discs I deployed suddenly started ejecting steam from the bottom of their forms. These were steampunked land mines, which hone in on enemies quietly. I deactivated my invisibility directly above Scathach. I unsheathed my gun and shot it at Scathach, forcing her to either block or dodge, unfortunately for her, I came up with a back up for both possibilities.

Scathach avoided my bullets, but half of them turned to hone in on her, catching her off guard and forcing Scathach to block the ones that were heading towards her. The ones that hone in are infused with water magic, but they don't hone in, they have an ability called Free Flow. Meaning they never lose any momentum or speed, and they can be controlled. Scathach responded to this with a smirk before flipping over to my clone and disarming him. Scathach used my clone to absorb all the bullets, but what she didn't expect is for me to use that to my advantage. I threw my Gae Bulg at the woman before outstretching a hand to Genbu. Like a magnet, my weapon returned to me, allowing me to lock the weapon into place. I used the anchor to throw at Scathach, forcing her to choose. She can't block both weapons because of their angle, and she inhaled some of my poison from earlier, so even if she does black both of them, the poison will kick in. Scathach dodged both of them, but the poison finally kicked in, forcing her to fall flat on her face. To ensure my victory, the steampunked landmines surrounded her, but didn't go off.

"Don't move, Lady Scathach, if you do, my landmines will go off." I explained before snapping my fingers away from my teacher, forcing the landmines to move away from her. "I'll inject an antidote if you'd like."

"What? Hesitant to let a little old woman go?" Scathach sarcastically commented as I flipped her onto her back and used a needle to inject anti venom. "Congrats, after two weeks of non stop fighting, you finally won, yet you're not even tired are you?"

"This is exhaustion?" The feeling felt new to me, and I was breathing heavily, not as much as Scathach, but this is certainly a new feeling for me, even if it is barely noticeable. "I can still keep going for another couple of weeks if it took this long for me to get this tired."