Chapter 13: Execution

(Issei POV)

I was just relaxing at ORC, looking at chests, playing games, the usual. However, something was off today, (Y/N) wasn't here. Normally I'd be happy when someone who stands between me and titties isn't here, but (Y/N) is a good guy, and I found it odd he wasn't here. Plus it was now Monday, and he usually shows up on Mondays. I would assume he got hit by a car and died, but if he got hit by a car, chances are the car would die. I looked around ORC one more time, noticing Rias was sitting at her desk, distressed as Akeno made tea. Koneko and Kiba were playing 'Go Fish' on the table while Asia watched

"So...is no one going to ask where (Y/N) is?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence between us. "He's pretty hard to miss, on account of him being the tallest person on campus, smells like the ocean, and is usually bleeding because of a severe injury he hasn't noticed."

"I assumed you would know and you just weren't telling us." Rias gave her honest opinion on the matter, but why would I keep (Y/N)'s location a secret? "So you mean to tell us you haven't heard from him all day."

"I think since last Friday would be more accurate." I answered, (Y/N) is usually bad at things involving technology, but him going completely silent is weird. "Maybe we should meet up with him at home, it's possible he got super sick?"

"Maybe we should try calling him?" Asia suggested, and everyone except Asia pulled out their phones. "One at a time though?"

"I'll call him first." I volunteered and searched for the guy I marked as '🐋(Y/N)🐳', by the way, yes the emojis were necessary, I just mark people with emojis I think suit them.

I selected (Y/N)'s contact information and the phone started ringing. Some minutes passed before the phone left me on voicemail, and Akeno was the next person to try calling. Her phone went on for a couple minutes but it went to voicemail too. Next up was Rias, we waited again and this time, the phone picked up by the person who answered wasn't (Y/N), it was (Y/N)'s step mom. Both she and Rias spoke for a little while before Rias hung up. Judging from the tone of Rias' voice and the determination in her eyes.

"Everyone, we need to go to the docks next to (Y/N)'s house, Natalia fears something happened and Asger knows what."

(Scene change brought to you by a shark swimming past the camera)

(Rias POV)

Once we arrived at the docks, we saw Asger talking to another sailor in desperation. Finally, Asger was on his knees begging for some reason before the sailor finally relented. Asger stood up once again and noticed we arrived, still wearing our school uniforms while Asger wore his sea captain's uniform and Natalia wore a raincoat. A storm was brewing overhead, but Asger insisted we get onto his friend's boat. The boat itself was a medium sized fishing boat, and we were in a hurry. Asger undid all of the ropes as we all got on and Natalia started the boat's engine. Once the ropes were undone, Asger jumped onto the boat and pulled the anchor out of the water. Asger then took command at the wheel and the boat started moving forwards, we were lucky nothing was in the way, because we would have crashed if anything was in the way.

"Asger, What is going on?" I demanded to know as I walked towards the captain's chair, where Asger was piloting the ship. "Where is (Y/N), and why are we going out in a storm?!"

"It's because I have a feeling I know where (Y/N) is, where I met his mother..." Asger sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Gather round everyone, I think it's about time I told you what happened to (Y/N)'s mother."

In response to this, all of us stood around him as he began telling us the tale of him and Ariel. It all started with a prayer at an abandoned temple somewhere in Norway, Asger prayed for a family because he spent all of his life focusing on becoming a sea captain that he had overlooked starting a family. However, the god that heard his prayers was Loki, a particularly malicious god of trickery. To 'help' this poor man, Loki kidnapped a selkie from her home, and that selkie was none other than Ariel, (Y/N)'s mother. Loki threatened to kill Ariel's fiancé if she said anything about her life as a selkie or made Asger unhappy. When they met, Ariel went along with anything Asger wanted, and Asger flat out admitted to not being the smartest man around, since he didn't pick up on any of this. It was also worth noting that Loki stole Ariel's selkie coat to prevent her from leaving, and gave the selkie coat to Asger as a wedding gift.