Chapter 30

Weiss.
I was currently in Vaye's office. Angeline, Vaye, Pearl and I have been discussing about my mother's spell. The spell to forcefully suck the power from an angel. Vaye wanted me to teach the spell to all of my witches and wizards but I did not agree with her. Although I knew my people were too afraid to go against me, I also knew that they weren't afraid to abuse power. The spell was too powerful, and if taught to the wrong witch or wizard, chaos would rise. Then I would be held responsible and this is not a risk I'm willing to take. I could only teach the spell to a few of my people.

I knew, just by looking, that Vaye was not pleased with my decision but it was not her call to make. These were my people, and I knew them better than Vaye did. And vice versa, my people know me, one mistake from them would result in lifetime torture. Lifetime torture was my brilliant idea but I knew that as soon as Sapphire becomes my spouse, I am a hundred percent sure that she will abolish that.

It may not be obvious but between Sapphire and I, she is the softer one. I do not like giving mercy.. which was why to this day, I still think her wish was too merciful. Those vile wolves that made my mate suffer should have died. If I were Sapphire, I would have them relive the night of Patrice's demise. But instead of Patrice and Sapphire being the victim, they would be the victim instead. I want to watch them beg as they bleed, I want to hear their cries for help, and I want them to feel nothing but sorrow and death. I wanted their lives to flash before their eyes, I wanted to see them take their last breath.. I wanted them to wish they were never born.

But unfortunately, it was not my decision to make. Although I knew back then that I could easily influence Sapphire into making that decision but.. it would make me feel like a horrible mate and I didn't want that.

Speaking of Sapphire.. just where is that little dimwit? Sapphire and Lucilia have been missing for almost three hours now. But on the bright side, I knew Lucilia and Sapphire weren't doing anything sexual to each other because I wasn't feeling anything. I felt completely fine which meant Sapphire was still loyal to me. That's good, at least I wouldn't have to buy a coffin for the late queen of demons and the late idiotic red haired vampire. But still, I would like to know what they were doing. With this thought, I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Vaye asked, raising her brow at me. I only rolled my eyes in response.

"You're probably off to see Sapphire? I've been told by a certain queen that her punishment happens today." Pearl stated, giving me a small smile. Seeing Pearl smile was odd.. why am I getting this weird feeling?

I raised a brow at her, "You don't look concerned at all, why is that?"

"I trust Sapphire and I know that foolish demon wouldn't do anything to upset her angel. So I assume that Sapphire's punishment isn't something that bad." I nodded as I grabbed my phone then made my exit.

It's funny how obvious Lucilia is. She keeps acting like this dangerous and terrifying being but in reality, she's nothing but a golden retriever, waiting for her owner and by owner, I meant Angeline. Just how long is Lucilia willing to fight off her mate bond with Angeline? It's so obvious that it makes me cringe whenever I hear Lucilia talking about having intercourse with another girl. It's like the same situation that Pearl and Eva were in, back when they first met. Although I can't say I'm not impressed, resisting the mate bond is like avoiding the inevitable. Lucilia is impressive to have lasted this long.

I looked around as I walked, I was originally heading for Sapphire and I's room but when I saw that familiar red head walking around in Vaye's garden, I changed my mind. Before I could approach my little idiotic vampire, my phone started ringing. I checked the phone number and read that it was Salvia, Sapphire's mother. In these past five years, I am proud to say that I have become great friends with Sapphire's parents. So seeing Salvia call was not unusual.