Rising Queen: Chapter 4

Angeline.
Whilst Lucilia and I sat in her car, eating hamburgers, I thought of our next destination. I wanted to take Lucilia to somewhere fun and exciting but also something different from our first date. Lucilia was the one who planned our first romantic date so this time I wanted to be the one to take charge. Although I wasn't entirely sure if Lucilia even considered this a romantic date. Maybe she thought I was only helping her familiarize herself with humans.. but in reality, I'm trying to get her to fall in love with me.

On our first date, Lucilia took me to somewhere luxurious and she also took me to hell. But I don't have the same power to invite her to somewhere fancy. Mhm, but this was the new Lucilia. Maybe she'd try something new and different from her usual luxurious tastes. How about an amusement park? That's fun and exciting, right? And it's guaranteed to be filled with lots of interesting humans. Lucilia can surely learn more about humans there! She can even have fun as well! And I can.. try to get closer to her!

"You're pouting again, what are you thinking about?" Lucilia asked as she carelessly threw her trash outside her window.

I gasped and scolded her, "Hey! That's littering! That is a crime and you're hurting mother earth! You should pick that up and properly throw it in the garbage can!"

She rolled her eyes at me, "I'm friends with mother earth, do you want me to call her and apologize?" She made a mocking face at me.

"Gaia isn't even actually mother earth, no one but the moon goddess and herself actually know what she is." I stated, sighing as I got out of the car. It was true, even as close friends, we had no idea what Gaia was. She did not tell us and we did not ask. It was an unspoken rule that it was forbidden to ask Gaia what specific being she was. I only wondered if Gaia will tell Weiss' little sister, seeing as Willow's her mate.

"Where are you going?"

I walked over to Lucilia's side and picked up her trash. "Picking up your garbage," I stated as I then lawfully threw the trash inside the garbage can, along with my own trash.

"That was unnecessary."

"It's not unnecessary to be nice," I shot her a look. She threw her hands up in defeat before signalling me to get back inside. Chuckling, I got back inside the car.

"Where should we go next? How about the strip club?"

I frowned, "I thought you were over that?" I looked at her and saw her starting the car. I couldn't tell whether she was serious or not but the thought of going to a place where men and women would try to steal her from me was scary.

"What if I wasn't?" She asked, raising a brow at me. She looked like she was anticipating what I would say next which confused me a bit.

"It will hurt me."

"Why will it?"

"Because I love you."

"That's it?"

"Because you loved me." Somehow, saying that she used to love me hurt more than her not believing we were mates.

Lucilia nodded, "Because we were mates? Is that the only foundation of your so called love for me?" My eyes widened and I quickly looked at her in disbelief.

"Lucilia, you may doubt everything about me," I took a deep breath. "But never doubt my love for you. I love you so much that I don't consider any future without you in it. I love you so much that no matter how much you make me cry, I will still give you my biggest smile. I love you so much that even if you choose another over me, I would still love you. I love you so much that it consumes my every being, everything in me screams for you. I love you more than anything, more than the world, more than myself, and dare I say it, more than god."