Rising Queen: Chapter 1

[A/N] This is officially the start of the second part of the book. But it can also be considered as Chapter 70 of Fallen Queen.

Angeline.
I couldn't hear what my friends were saying. I was just staring blankly at the wall whilst they discussed the recent development with Lucilia. It hurt. So much. At first we thought she was joking and that she was just playing a prank on us like Sapphire but no.. she really didn't remember me. She remembered everything and everyone except me. It's like someone manually went through her memories and removed everything that included me. She didn't look at me like I'm the love of her life anymore, instead her look was of confusion and wonder. She.. she didn't even feel like the Lucilia that I knew.

Today was a new day, another day of seeing Lucilia interact with everyone but me. Because she lost her memories of me, she doesn't even try to talk to me. I actually expected Lucilia to still try to make a move on me.. even if she doesn't remember me but.. she's not even trying to do anything. She's not trying to bed me and she's not doing anything naughty. While I should be happy because that meant the old Lucilia who slept with everyone was truly gone, I still felt absolutely down.

"Angeline? Are you listening?"

I looked at Pearl who gave me a worried look. So far, my friends have been giving me every bit of encouragement that they can give. Amethyst even slept next to me last night because I couldn't stop crying and Sapphire baked me a cake to cheer me up. I was glad that at least they were there for me.

"N-No.. I'm sorry. What was that?"

Weiss sighed, "We were discussing about Lucilia's new.. her." Inside of this room were myself, Pearl, Weiss and Gaia. Eva and Vaye were outside, both were very busy handling the aftermath of the war. Meanwhile, Sapphire and Amethyst stayed with.. Lucilia to keep her company.

Gaia cleared her throat, "Alright then, let me repeat what I said. Lucilia is now a human, she's been given that body from the Moon Goddess. She remembers her life before the war, during the war, and after the war except the memories that include Angeline. She knows she became a human because Gilan was able to kill her physical demonic body but she doesn't remember why she became weak enough to have been almost killed by Gilan. She remembers talking to an entity or a direct servant of the Moon Goddess but she doesn't remember why she agreed to the Moon Goddess' offer. All she remembered was that she was being offered a body and since she needed a body, she accepted the offer."

"It's very clear then that Lucilia remembers everything except Angeline. Her thoughts of Angeline, events with Angeline, and memories with Angeline are completely erased. Anything that is related to Angeline in her life is gone." Pearl stated, sighing.

Weiss nodded, "Lucilia stated that accepting the Moon Goddess' offer included a sacrifice which she said was not disclosed by the entity. Maybe this is the sacrifice that Lucilia made? She accepted the new body and in return, unknowingly gave up her memories of the most important person in her life, her mate."

"Sounds like something the Moon Goddess will do. Our creator is.. well, she's very playful and sometimes, out of pure sadism or amusement, she'll complicate things in one's life. You can say that she likes to toy with her creations from time to time. There's a possibility that Lucilia is just another victim of the Moon Goddess' amusement. But there is also another possibility on why this is happening to Lucilia." Gaia paused and eyed all of us. She looked like she was waiting for one of us to say something ill of our creator but none of us said anything.

Relieved, Gaia continued, "Lucilia losing her memories of Angeline can also be the Moon Goddess' way of punishing her. We can't deny that Lucilia has done many vile sins in her lifetime, I even think she's killed too many that she can be considered as the queen who killed the most beings. Of course our creator would not like someone who killed many of her precious creations so maybe this was one of her ways of punishment. Because the Moon Goddess knew that Lucilia loathed and looked down on humans, she made Lucilia, herself, a human, the being she hated most. And since she also knew that Lucilia loves Angeline, she took her love for Angeline as well."