Chapter 9

Pearl.
I watched as Angeline reluctantly let us enter her apartment. I wasn't oblivious, I knew Angeline knew that we were not humans. When Weiss said her name, her posture tensed and she seemed confused. I'm guessing she's using a fake name? Perhaps a fake identity? Whatever it was, I absolutely did not care. The task was to convince Angeline to come with us back to America so we can discuss what to do with the war. I had a feeling that this will be a rather easy task.

The seven of us were gathered in Angeline's living room. The room was quite small so some of us were left standing whilst the others sat on the couches. Of course being the generous person that I am, I gave Amethyst my seat. She thanked me and sat down. Folding my arms, I started to observe the people in the room.

Amethyst had her legs crossed as her eyes roamed Angeline's face. I think our little Amethyst was smitten with this fallen angel. That's not good, since Amethyst was a human, I'm a hundred percent sure that she couldn't feel the mate bond as much as Vaye. But I also knew not to worry because Amethyst was a very loyal girl. Tearing my eyes from Amethyst, I then looked at Vaye. She seemed to be calm about the whole thing but she was occasionally glancing at Amethyst. I didn't know if Vaye knew that Amethyst was admiring Angeline but I'm sure it's no big deal.. I hope I won't regret not doing anything about this. Maybe I'll ask Amethyst later, just to be sure.

Moving on, I then eyed Sapphire. My peculiar friend was trying to convince Weiss to sit on her lap but unfortunately for her, Weiss kept declining. I mentally chuckled at that sight. Those two were major opposites and I guess that's what made them great together. I then looked at the idiot who was standing beside me. Eva was just casually eating some candy whilst she looked around, her eyes containing curiosity. I was tempted to take her candy from her because we were doing a serious task but I refrained myself. I didn't want to come off as the mom type of mate..

Rolling my eyes at my thoughts and at the silence that embraced us, I decided to speak first. "Angeline Grace, the former queen of angels, right?" I knew I was being too straightforward but beating around the bush would take us nowhere.

Angeline sighed, "Yes. I suppose the queens of vampires, werewolves and witches have a good reason for visiting me."

Weiss nodded, "Yes. Gaia informed us about a war. A war against homosexuality and the six of us happen to be homosexuals." At the mention of war, Angeline frowned.

"Yes.. the angels were not quite happy that I was becoming fond of homosexuality." She stated, her eyes blank. It was as if she was reliving the memory in her mind.

Vaye raised a brow, "What do you mean you were becoming fond of homosexuality?"

Angeline looked away, "I do not know. I guess maybe.. maybe the thought of love being shared between the same genders is like a whole new world for me. Back in heaven, no one really mentioned anything about homosexuality. Now that I think of it.." She thought for awhile until she came to a conclusion and her eyes widened.

"They all knew! I cannot believe Zarius had lied to me.. Zarius knew that Gilan and the others were aware of homosexuality and they did not tell me.. They were waiting for the right time to sabotage me." Angeline informed us, a pained expression on her face.

"It was all planned.. I was just a little pawn in Gilan's game since the beginning." She then whispered, looking like she was about to burst in tears.

Amethyst quickly stood up and she made her way to Angeline. I watched as Amethyst pulled Angeline into a tight embrace. I raised a brow at the action and eyed Vaye who was seemingly fine with seeing her mate hug someone else. To say that I was confused was an understatement but I kept my mouth closed.