Chapter 16

Angeline.
Chills went down my spine and I had to close my eyes to calm myself. That voice was powerful enough to weaken my knees and to make my heart race. But when that voice whispered those two words? It felt like I was back in heaven which of course, made me feel sinful. Because there was nothing that I could compare to heaven. But just the sound of that deep and alluring voice made me want to go against all of my morals. I slowly opened my eyes and found those bright red eyes staring back at me. An amused smirk found its way on the person's face. Those sinful eyes roamed my body once more. I felt like I was being undressed which made me feel shame. Why was I feeling like this? And of all the people, it had to be..

"Lucilia." I called her name, my cheeks blushing from just saying her name. "Wha-What do you mean? Lucifer already owns me-"

"Lucifer owns no one. Am I right, brother?" Lucilia's voice was low and threatening. She shifted her eyes to Lucifer whose eyes were still focused on the floor.

With a defeated sigh, Lucifer nodded, "Yes. I do not own anyone, especially not Angeline." My eyes widened. I was surprised, what made Lucilia change her mind?

Grinning, Lucilia stated, "Great! You are dismissed, brother." With a silent nod, Lucifer snapped his fingers and teleported somewhere.

I was still a bit confused. What was she thinking? As if reading my mind, Lucilia smirked. "Alright, I'll take part in this foolish feud but you, my dear Angeline, would have to be my pet."

I frowned, it was almost the same condition as Lucifer's. The only difference was the fact that the two used different terms. Lucifer's term was rather straightforward and bold. Lucilia's term was more subtle and discreet. But both terms were equally shameful and humiliating. Pet didn't sound too well in my ears. Did that mean I had to walk on all fours? What exactly was a pet? I had no idea.

Sighing, I was about to speak but someone cut me off. "For once in your life, can you be selfish? If you become Lucilia's pet, you'll be throwing away your dignity." I heard Vaye exclaimed.

I looked at Vaye and gave her a soft smile. Vaye's eyes widened and she shook her head with a silent plea. But I knew what had to be done. I gave Vaye an apologetic smile before looking at Lucilia. The queen of demons was watching me with a knowing smirk. She already knew what my decision was but I knew she wanted me to say it out loud.

So with a heavy heart, a reluctant mind and a willing body, I whispered, "I agree to your condition."

She grinned, "Mistress. Call me Mistress. Now say that again." I heard gasps coming from behind me and I felt shame. But as always, I had no choice.

"I-I agree to yo-your condition, Mi-Mistress." The name sounded so wrong yet it felt so right. It felt like I have been saying that name for so long and it felt oddly familiar when I called Lucilia that. What was wrong with me?

Lucilia smirked, "Good girl." Chuckling, she then looked at the others, "Well? Are we creating a plan here in hell? Truth be told, I want to go to a different setting."

Weiss cleared her throat, "Um, no. We were planning to discuss it in-" Weiss was cut off by an ear piercing scream. I quickly covered my ears and winced at the sound. It sounded like a high pitched scream, with a mixture of a chalk scratching the board and a fork scratching a plate.

But as soon as it appeared, the sooner it disappeared. I sighed in relief and looked at the source of the sound. It was Sapphire who was holding a book. Her eyes were widened and she looked terrified. Concerned, Weiss was about to approach her but Lucilia beat her to it. With a growl, Lucilia's hand made its way to Sapphire's neck. Seeing this, the others immediately took action. They surrounded Lucilia who was still gripping Sapphire's neck tightly. Sapphire, on the other hand, was gasping. I had not panicked because I knew Sapphire would not die. Vampires didn't need oxygen so what Lucilia was doing was completely futile. But it seemed like the others did not share the same thoughts. They all completely acted on instinct.

Lucilia glared at Sapphire, "Do you know what you just did?!" She exclaimed, her horns getting longer once more.

"I-I didn't know! I became curious a-and I just touched it! I didn't know I wasn't supposed to touch books in hell!" Sapphire stuttered, struggling in Lucilia's grip.

"Let go of her!" Weiss yelled, her eyes turning bright yellow.

Lucilia glared at Weiss and threw Sapphire at her. Sapphire fell on Weiss and the two were on the floor. With a deadly look, Lucilia said, "Well, you uneducated brats, this book that you touched is a fucking soul. And your dumb little ass just released a tortured soul. You're fucking lucky I was fast enough to prevent it from becoming free. These souls cannot be released because they will only cause conflict."

"Unfortunately for your little mate, Hudson, this careless act of hers will not go unpunished."

Weiss glared at Lucilia, "Surely there could be another way. How about a trade?" Weiss possessively wrapped her arms around Sapphire's waist. I've never seen Weiss be so protective over Sapphire. From the short time that I knew her, she's always irritated around Sapphire. Now, she was showing how much she cared for her mate.

Lucilia scoffed, "I have no desire for such. If it makes you feel better, the punishment will not be done right now but in the near future. After all, I will need some time to think of a more suitable punishment that your little vampire will live with forever."

"What?! You're saying that her punishment will last forever?!" Pearl exclaimed, disbelief was dripping from her words.

Lucilia chuckled, "She broke one of the main rules in hell, she brought this upon herself. Haven't you all heard of the saying that curiosity kills the cat?" Nobody replied. I glanced at Sapphire and saw her glaring at the ground.

"Now, now, no need to be excited, I'll punish her some time in the future. For now, there are more important matters to deal with. Have you all forgotten your duties as queens?" Lucilia was smirking as she said this, she knew she'd won yet again. She was on a whole other level, it was amazing yet terrifying at the same time.

Not waiting for our replies, Lucilia snapped her fingers and then we were suddenly back in Weiss' limousine. The others were too shocked to comprehend what happened, it took them awhile to recover. "So where to?" Lucilia asked, grinning.

"We originally planned to discuss this in Vaye's kingdom." Amethyst whispered, looking down. It seemed like Amethyst was afraid to look at Lucilia.

Lucilia nodded, "America? It's been years since I've been there. Well then, let's go!" I then heard Eva groan from my left.

"This is going to be a long ride."