Chapter 69

Lucilia.
If only I knew what would happen, I would have locked Angeline in a cage and made sure she wouldn't be able to get out. I was a fool. I caused this, I caused my fate. But what was I supposed to do? Angeline was my only weakness. She brought out the best in me but she also brought out the worst in me. I have killed half of the angel kind and yet, just one look at Angeline had me weak. I should've waited after the war to focus on Angeline but I didn't and it made me lose my body. As much as I regret my foolishness, I'm aware that there's not much that I can do. All that matters was that I managed to survive. Now I have to focus on finding a suitable vessel. If I don't, life will be difficult for Angeline and I. Unfortunately, sex will have to wait.

As I thought about the future ahead of me, I couldn't help but feel rather.. conflicted. I love Angeline, with all of my heart but my kingdom.. my demons, what will happen to them? If I don't find a suitable vessel soon, who will rule over them? Who will manage hell? The only person that came to mind was Lucifer but even he's not prepared. He never cared much for the throne, he was always all about the fun and sex. But because of my current condition.. he'll have to be the new ruler of hell, whether he wants to or not. Damn it, I should've bred Angeline then I would have an appropriate heir to my throne.

But for now, I'll have to teach Lucifer everything I know so he can become a greater ruler than I. Other than that.. nothing, I guess? I only have to focus on finding my new body. Since I've already decided that Lucifer will become the new king of hell, I guess the kind of my future body doesn't matter anymore. But I would prefer it to be a vampire, demon, or even a werewolf. Maybe with my new body, I'll finally get to relax and focus on myself for once. My life before today only consisted of ruling hell and seeing nothing but blood and death for over more than a thousand years. But now.. I guess I've been given a chance.

Now that I thought of it in a different light.. maybe my fate won't be too bad after all. I've been given a chance to live once more, but no longer as Lucilia Devon, the queen of hell but just as Lucilia Devon, with no title. It felt weird but strangely comforting. Although I still consider myself as a fool for losing my body, I don't regret it as much anymore.

"Good for you then."

Startled, I opened my eyes and looked around me, only to see absolutely nothing. I felt like I was in space but there were no planets or stars, just the void.

"Who's talking?" I asked, still looking around. My voice sounded the same but at the same time, it felt strangely different to me. It was weird, hell I don't think I even know what normal was anymore.

My eyes widened when an entity, who looked like nothing but also everything at the same time, appeared. The entity tilted its head at me before saying, "Lucilia Devon, you've made quite a name for yourself."

"First, as the only angel to believe you weren't acknowledged by God. Second, as the first and only angel to eliminate half of your kind. Third, as the first fallen angel to have already become a demon. Fourth, as the first ruler and queen of hell. Fifth, as the first queen to almost eliminate all of the vampire kind. Sixth, as the first queen to sign a treaty among vampires and demons. And lastly, seventh, as the first being to separate your soul from your body whilst on the verge of death. You are truly one of a kind."

Hearing the entity say that made me feel conflicted. I've mostly done bad things than good things so I don't think I should be proud of everything I've achieved. But honestly? Who the fuck cares? I'm a fucking legend and no one can tell me otherwise. "What's your point?"

The entity looked like it smiled, "Eighth, the first being to be gifted a body from the creator herself. Unfortunately, you weren't the first to be gifted by her gracefulness, Gaia was the first. But as stated, you are the first to be given a body." My eyes widened in disbelief.