Rising Queen: Chapter 22

Rising Queen: Until DeathAngeline Grace and Lucilia Devon

Angeline Grace and Lucilia Devon

The car was eerily silent as Lucilia drove through the parking lot, her eyes peeled for a vacant spot. I, on the other hand, was crazy tired after moving all of my belongings from Israel. When Amethyst learned that Lucilia and I were moving in together in the city, she asked Weiss to help me gather my belongings from my old apartment in Israel. Thus, through the use of Weiss' portals, we finally managed to move them into the apartment that Lucilia and I bought. Money truly was no problem for both of us as I worked a high paying job before the war and Lucilia still had her wealth from being the queen of hell. We even considered buying a house but felt that it was too soon.

Our apartment was big enough for both of us and it had two rooms. Lucilia pitched the idea of us sleeping in separate bedrooms which greatly disappointed me. It felt like we would live together as roommates and not as girlfriends.. thus, I was still thinking of ways to make her change her mind. I wanted to sleep beside her, I wanted to cuddle with her, and I wanted to wake up to her beautiful face..

"Alright, we're all set." I snapped out of my trance as Lucilia parked her car near the entrance. "I don't understand why there never seems to be enough parking spaces."

"Other humans who don't live in the apartment complex often park here as well." I answered, shrugging. Lucilia only shook her head in reply.

Taking my bag, I got out of the car and Lucilia followed suit. We were both understandably tired from all the moving we did so we didn't talk much as we went inside the building and into our apartment.

Lucilia yawned as she nonchalantly threw her bag on our new sofa. I frowned, "Aren't you going to clean up first?"

She shook her head, "No, I feel tired as fuck. Human bodies are so inconvenient, why can't they just be active all the time like demons?"

"You know it doesn't work like that."

"Whatever, I'm going to my room. I shall see you in the morning." She waved at me and was about to head into her room but I stopped her.

I really didn't want us to sleep in separate rooms so instead of scurrying around, I finally decided to be upfront with her. "C-Can I sleep with you?"

Lucilia's eyes shone with a mischievous glint, "Already? My, I've never taken you for such a bold girl."

"Yes.. we.. we used to sleep together all the time and sleeping in separate rooms is just.. it hurts."

Her eyes widened, "All the time? You mean, you and I had sex all the time?" My cheeks reddened and I immediately shook my head.

"W-What? No!"

"But you said we slept together all the time?"

My brows furrowed in confusion, "Because we did?"