Rising Queen: Chapter 3

Angeline.
As Lucilia drove in silence, I couldn't help but ponder if my suggestion was too boring. I suggested that we should go to a park because there were usually lots of different and unique humans there. There were also many animals like dogs in the park so I thought it would be a great place to observe humanity. But Lucilia did not react positively nor negatively upon hearing my suggestion so I didn't know how she felt about it. I, on the other hand, personally thought that the park was a great suggestion. I remembered when I was an angel, I had always felt happy for humans because god gifted them a place to connect with nature, animals, and other humans as well. I even thought that heaven should have a park as well until I realized that heaven itself was, in its own unique way, kind of like a park. Thus, while I personally enjoyed going to parks, I'm not sure if I could say the same for Lucilia.

I looked at my watch and sighed. We've been driving for about thirty minutes now and yet she has not uttered a word. I predicted our ride to last for about three hours to the nearest human city so Lucilia and I will be together in close proximity during those hours. I should not let this moment pass! I have to think of a conversation topic that may pique her interest. But what? I didn't want to talk about the war or anything related to it. I also did not want to talk about her new body and her old life. I thought she'd be uncomfortable with those topics so I opted not to say anything about them. But then.. what shall I say? The topic has to be intriguing yet light. Maybe.. what if I try to explain to her about our mate bond? What if I.. try to convince her once more that I truly was her mate? But she might get angry with me again.. Oh dear.. was this how humans felt when they tried to approach their persons of interest?

"Stop pouting." I jumped in surprise, not expecting Lucilia to reprimand me for pouting. I had not even realize that I was making such a face! But since Lucilia scolded me.. she must have glanced at my face!

I smiled, "You were looking at me?"

Lucilia raised a brow at me, "How can I not? When I looked at the side mirror, I happened to catch a glimpse of your face." Oh.. how disappointing.

"Oh.. alright then." I frowned and crossed my arms as I looked out of the window. After that, I attempted to start conversations with Lucilia but was turned down with silence. Thus, Lucilia and I unfortunately did not talk for the remainder of the ride. I was too busy watching the trees pass by to mask my sadness and disappointment. Meanwhile, Lucilia focused on driving. It was.. a mission failed for your dear Angeline.

--

"We've arrived." I felt someone lightly tapping my cheek as I slowly opened my eyes. I yawned and looked around before blushing. Lucilia's face was strangely inches away from mine and she looked like she was in some sort of trance.

"Lu-Lucilia?"

She tilted her head before saying, "Your.. appearance. It does not look like that of a human's." She then pulled away with a nonchalant look, as if she didn't know the effect she had on me.

I breathed deeply to calm myself first before replying. "I-I.. when I fell from heaven, my appearance did not change.. I still look like an angel except I am now a human.'

She nodded, "The angels now look plain as compared to you." Was she.. complimenting me? I grinned and was about to say something but Lucilia quickly followed her statement with a question.

"Did you ever think about getting your throne back? Even if no fallen angel has tried turning back into an angel, Gaia will and can surely provide answers on how to return to heaven as an angel. And if you do become successful, you can become the queen of angels once again."

Her questions baffled me. "You were a fallen queen.. but do you not realize that you can become a rising queen once again? Unlike.. unlike me." I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know what to think of her statement. I had already figured that Lucilia felt conflicted about her current situation which was why I opted not to say anything related to it and yet.. she brought up something regarding me instead.